Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
The Padres really don't have money to be kicking in right now, otherwise they wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

They should have around $3 million this year if they move him now.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
The Padres really don't have money to be kicking in right now, otherwise they wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Maybe. With this deal, they're saving ~ $8 million this year and $52 million over the three years after that. If they were desperate to unload the contract, they could certainly kick in at least a few million, the owner's divorce notwithstanding.

Edited by bighurt574

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
yeah, that's probably it until his final decision comes out... seems like Sox send him a reworked option pickup and he's chewing on that

Olney just claimed the holdup isn't about the option...that they aren't even discussing that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
I also hope that KW has done his research about any player he trades for, and if that player will show up on the list of the 100 or so players that tested positive during 2005.

Wait, did Fathom just link a here-to-now clean player to steroids? What? Will wonders ever cease?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
Olney just claimed the holdup isn't about the option...that they aren't even discussing that.

interesting, must be the NTC and other extras, and if the option issue is settled for both sides, then I see this happening and the extras will fall into place

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
interesting, must be the NTC and other extras, and if the option issue is settled for both sides, then I see this happening and the extras will fall into place

Yeah, I don't know...this is contrary to everything that's come out in the previous two hours. Not sure if it is technically the option being discussed, but I think they are definitely trying to sweeten the pot in terms of guaranteed money.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
Wait, did Fathom just link a here-to-now clean player to steroids? What? Will wonders ever cease?

Not necessarily for Peavy...just anyone that you give up valuable resources for, it's better to avoid the PR hit.