Sox vs Twins game thread May 21, 2009

southsider2k5

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 21, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
He needs to mke the Jake P trade so people will forget the ones from over the winter

Why so many people want Vazquez and Swisher's contract and Lillibridge-esque month of May back, I have no clue

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
Why so many people want Vazquez and Swisher's contract and Lillibridge-esque month of May back, I have no clue

Remember Lilli was a trade made over the winter involving Vazquez. Betemit is in there making errors every other play while Swisher has 9 homers, etc. Vazquez isn't doing that bad. Now I will say I didn't have much of a problem with the JV trade to Atlanta as we got a good catching prospect, but I was baffled by the Swisher deal. Yes, he pouted at the end of last year, and struggled with the batting average, but he hustled and did hit 20 plus homers and was well liked I thought in the clubhouse.

At least these 20 runs were scored all in one game and when it's over it's over today (sorry Yogi). Vince Lombardi said that it doesn't matter if you get knocked down, but whether you get back up. We will see what this has done for the team good or bad come tomorrow night.

Jesus Christ, and here I assumed they were going to play at 7:00 and just signed on here to view information on Jake Peavy.

Although I can't say I'm shocked. Colon obviously didn't have it, but whenever you're expecting Bombs Away Broadway and Gobble to prevent anything but more runs you're going to be in trouble. The sooner Broadway's ass is sent out of the town the sooner we can go through this same process with McCulloch.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
Remember Lilli was a trade made over the winter involving Vazquez. Betemit is in there making errors every other play while Swisher has 9 homers, etc. Vazquez isn't doing that bad. Now I will say I didn't have much of a problem with the JV trade to Atlanta as we got a good catching prospect, but I was baffled by the Swisher deal. Yes, he pouted at the end of last year, and struggled with the batting average, but he hustled and did hit 20 plus homers and was well liked I thought in the clubhouse.

Swisher's hot start wont continue, watch.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)

You could be right. Really I shouldn't even bring up the trades made as it is a done deal kind of thing and you can't wish your way out of the doldrums

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 21, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)

Until yesterday, Swisher had an OPS of .450 in May. Brent Lillibridge's season numbers (Similar # of AB's) was .451. For 3 weeks, Swisher was Brent Lillibridge wiht fewer hits. After his HR yesterday it's .547 in May.