Who do you root for tomorrow night?

dmbjeff

Who do you root for tomorrow?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Will you root for the Padres or Cubs?

• Padres
    • Cubs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
How about a Penguin with bloodlust and a license to kill?

That's just badass.

Also, f*** YOU JAKE PEAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far, 6 IP, 2 H, 10 K, and no R. You're a great pitcher, I don't know why you're such a b**** about coming to the AL. San Diego don't want you no more Jake, the South Side wanted you. Enjoy pitching for either a team with no for see able future or the biggest chokers in all of sports.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
There is NO rooting for the Cubs. Ever. I can't imagine any circumstance where I'd root for that team.

How about when they face an AL Central team? I don't know about you but if the cubs are playing anyone in the AL Central besides the sox I'm rooting for them.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 22, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
How about when they face an AL Central team? I don't know about you but if the cubs are playing anyone in the AL Central besides the sox I'm rooting for them.

True dat. But only in the sense that if the Cubs win I'm like, "that's ok". But, still no "rooting for the Cubs.

Will someone please point out the quote that says "I, Jake Peavy, rejected the trade to the Chicago White Sox because they play in the AL and I will not play in the AL because I have a small pair of testicles" or something of the ilk?

He turned the trade down mainly because the final year of his deal wasn't guaranteed, it's as simple as that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
Will someone please point out the quote that says "I, Jake Peavy, rejected the trade to the Chicago White Sox because they play in the AL and I will not play in the AL because I have a small pair of testicles" or something of the ilk?

He turned the trade down mainly because the final year of his deal wasn't guaranteed, it's as simple as that.

and possibly because of the opt-out clause

Of course. Why would he jeopardize that? It's always about the money. Also, you ever been to San Diego? It's probably the nicest place to live in the country. If he has a no trade clause to certain teams, you have to sweeten the deal if you hope to get him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
Of course. Why would he jeopardize that? It's always about the money. Also, you ever been to San Diego? It's probably the nicest place to live in the country. If he has a no trade clause to certain teams, you have to sweeten the deal if you hope to get him.

the final year of his contract is an option for $22 mill that he wants to get guaranteed before he accepts a trade. Otherwise, he really doesn't have a reason to leave one of the nicest cities and best pitching park in the Majors.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 23, 2009 -> 04:47 AM)

Just based off of his actions this offseason, when he wasn't interested in going to Boston or Yankees but was begging to get traded to the Cubs or the Braves.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
Just based off of his actions this offseason, when he wasn't interested in going to Boston or Yankees but was begging to get traded to the Cubs or the Braves.

I think he'd prefer the NL to the AL. He has also said he would prefer a midwest team above all.

I still think it comes down to money, and he'd pitch in the AL.