AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Floyd's ERA now down to 6, lowered it by a run and a half...nice.

The National League is just what we needed. Now you see why Jake Peavy likes it in the interNational League.

Edited by chw42

I’d say an equal amount of credit goes to both Floyd and A.J. for the win tonight. Floyd couldn’t get the change over consistently, and AJ worked him through it. Frankly, AJ called an outstanding game tonight. Floyd’s curve remains a plus-plus pitch and that will take him places if he continues to attack hitters and switch up sequences.

For those of us that did not get to see the game...I saw Alexei hit a homer tonight. Did he have some good ab's? How about Q?

We need these two guys to come around if we are going to win anything this year.

Looks like Alexei may be coming on at a similar point as he did last season. Now what's the story with Q?

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
For those of us that did not get to see the game...I saw Alexei hit a homer tonight. Did he have some good ab's? How about Q?

We need these two guys to come around if we are going to win anything this year.

Looks like Alexei may be coming on at a similar point as he did last season. Now what's the story with Q?

Alexei went 2 for 3, and had a really good approach at the plate. It was a marked improvement. Q, however, is showing very little sign of waking up, he's jumping on pitches rather then waiting for them.

I know we won, but a couple moves I'd like to see made.

Option Fields to Charlotte, call up Andy Phillips.

Trade Wilson Betemit to a national league team for any lefty relief pitcher. Have that lefty relief pitcher take Gobble's spot. I don't care what we do with Gobble, just get rid of him.

Call up Kroeger.

Make Nix the starter at 3B with him playing 2B vs. lefties with Phillips at 3B. Lineup:

(vs R)

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Nix, 3B

3. Dye, RF (should be Thome, followed by Konerko, but Ozzie would never do something so logical like that)

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Quentin, LF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Ramirez, SS

9. Getz, 2B

(vs. L)

1. Nix, 2B

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Dye, RF

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Quentin, LF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Phillips, 3B

9. Anderson, CF

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
I know we won, but a couple moves I'd like to see made.

Option Fields to Charlotte, call up Andy Phillips.

Trade Wilson Betemit to a national league team for any lefty relief pitcher. Have that lefty relief pitcher take Gobble's spot. I don't care what we do with Gobble, just get rid of him.

Call up Kroeger.

Make Nix the starter at 3B with him playing 2B vs. lefties with Phillips at 3B. Lineup:

(vs R)

1. Podsednik, CF

2. Nix, 3B

3. Dye, RF (should be Thome, followed by Konerko, but Ozzie would never do something so logical like that)

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Quentin, LF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Ramirez, SS

9. Getz, 2B

(vs. L)

1. Nix, 2B

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Dye, RF

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Quentin, LF

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Phillips, 3B

9. Anderson, CF

Isn't Nix below .200 now? Be careful what you wish for, he really can't hit either.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:05 PM)
Isn't Nix below .200 now? Be careful what you wish for, he really can't hit either.

He's been putting together good AB's and been hitting the ball well. Soon, those line drives he's been hitting at defenders will start to go where no defenders are at. Plus, he hasn't even had 40 AB's yet. Little too early to look at stats for him, especially batting average.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
He's been putting together good AB's and been hitting the ball well. Soon, those line drives he's been hitting at defenders will start to go where no defenders are at. Plus, he hasn't even had 40 AB's yet. Little too early to look at stats for him, especially batting average.

His AB quality is starting to drop.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 23, 2009 -> 04:09 AM)
His AB quality is starting to drop.

Yeah, he's had good ABs compared to some of the rest of the jabronis, but there's no way he should be batting 2nd. It's getting scary with Quentin. He's just rolling over everything.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
No way do we give Andy Phillips playing time over Josh Fields. Not only it is implausible, but it's the wrong thing to do. We need him to work his crap out, and benching him for a 38 year old journeyman AAAA player isn't going to help.

First off, he's 32 years old and would likely be a breath of fresh air compared to Fields.

Second, Josh Fields sucks ass and is an embarrassment to have on this team. If you haven't realized it by now, Josh Fields is not a baseball player. Having him set the strikeout record isn't doing anything to help Fields.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Yeah, he's had good ABs compared to some of the rest of the jabronis, but there's no way he should be batting 2nd. It's getting scary with Quentin. He's just rolling over everything.

He wasn't moving very well tonight either. He did look a little better running on the DP ball, but the first couple of AB, it appeared he wouldn't be able to play LF for quite a long time.

As far as Nix, I understand the love he's getting because the others have been brutal, but as you said if he were on any other major league team, he'd be hitting 8th or 9th or in AAA. If the Sox had to send him through waivers, I don't think they would have any problem getting him through. Colorado got him through twice last year.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)

Nix should see the field over Fields, if we are serious about at least be competitive. You could flip flop him and Ramirez in the order, but Nix has been making the pitcher work and usually puts the ball in play. If we gave him some consistent playing time, instead of this start one game, sit the next 2-3 crap, I'm positive we'd see a rise in average.

I'm not sold on us calling up Beckham anytime soon, but if we do, 3B is his.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
He wasn't moving very well tonight either. He did look a little better running on the DP ball, but the first couple of AB, it appeared he wouldn't be able to play LF for quite a long time.

As far as Nix, I understand the love he's getting because the others have been brutal, but as you said if he were on any other major league team, he'd be hitting 8th or 9th or in AAA. If the Sox had to send him through waivers, I don't think they would have any problem getting him through. Colorado got him through twice last year.

With the way he's been swinging the bat, it really does make a lot of sense to put him on the 15 and wait until he is complete 100% to activate him again.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
Nix should see the field over Fields, if we are serious about at least be competitive. You could flip flop him and Ramirez in the order, but Nix has been making the pitcher work and usually puts the ball in play. If we gave him some consistent playing time, instead of this start one game, sit the next 2-3 crap, I'm positive we'd see a rise in average.

I'm not sold on us calling up Beckham anytime soon, but if we do, 3B is his.

Nix has played the last 3 in a row and is 0 fer. He's played the last 4 out of 5 and is 1 for 11. He was 2-13 when he played 4 games in a row a week or so ago. The more he plays the worse he does .

Its probably why Beckham will be here soon. Fields needs to be taken out back. An amazing fall from grace for him.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
Nix has played the last 3 in a row and is 0 fer. He's played the last 4 out of 5 and is 1 for 11. He was 2-13 when he played 4 games in a row a week or so ago. The more he plays the worse he does .

Let him actually play for a full week. He's shown more baseball know how than half the team so far.