Sox @ Angels 5-25-09 - Danks vs. Santana

QUOTE (kristofer @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
take danks out, cora! there is no need for him to be in anymore.

He's thrown under 100 pitches, he went 123 in the 5th, he's got a >10 run lead, our long man in the bullpen has had a lot of work already this season, if we can get him through this inning everyone benefits.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
No excuse to keep Danks in to go over 110 pitches. Anyways, I missed the hit by Fields. What was it?

yes there is. i actually completely agree with both coop and hawk on this one. let the kid finish it, he worked his ass off

No excuse to keep Danks in to go over 110 pitches. Anyways, I missed the hit by Fields. What was it?

Didn't they used to yank Danks at about 90 pitches, even last year against the Cubs I believe? It was a single to left.

Line shot over the 3rd baseman into left field. 1st pitch on a fastball.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
yes there is. i actually completely agree with both coop and hawk on this one. let the kid finish it, he worked his ass off

I'm with Reddy on this one. Nice job Danks, hit the showers.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
Didn't they used to yank Danks at about 90 pitches, even last year against the Cubs I believe? It was a single to left.

Last year, Danks had never thrown over 130 innings in a season. This year he's a year older and they hopefully stretched his arm out more last season. They pulled him last year correctly. This year they ought to give him more room.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2009 -> 04:19 AM)
I saw that. Floyd made him look silly.

Yes he sure did. I couldn't believe it actually. Supposedly after Saturday, he decided to change his approach because he was sick of striking out so much.