Sox @ Angels 5-25-09 - Danks vs. Santana

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but feel I jinxed Q about my comment the only way BA will get playing time is if Q goes in the DL for an extended period of time.

Oh well, hopefully it's nothing too serious. It might not even be a bad thing to shut him down for the rest of the year. Let him get 100% for the winter, and work with him extensively on his swing and mechanics throughout the off period.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
Does his current foot injury tend to lead to blown achiles or do you just think that based off how he looked so much in pain?

if it'd been the achilles he wouldn't have been able to keep going to second base. he would've fallen at first.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
Has Walker worked with Josh on his swing AT ALL? It is the same all year. Big and long.

walker doesn't work on swings during the season. didn't he say that?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 26, 2009 -> 02:21 AM)
What kind of a f***ing statement is that?

What? I wasn't trying to be an ass about it. I say that about everyone who I see have an injury like that. It's more like I'm saying "and he's going to be on the DL".

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
Fields isn't even a Major Leaguer. I can't believe how bad he looks at the plate.

It amazes me how many people here don't realize that Josh simply doesn't have "it."

I'm all for letting young players develop and go through the growing pains with them. However, Fields just sucks, and after almost 2 months, it's obvious to me he just isn't gonna hack it. Maybe some other team can get through to him, but I don't see that happening with us.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
What? I wasn't trying to be an ass about it. I say that about everyone who I see have an injury like that. It's more like I'm saying "and he's going to be on the DL".

Whatever, the way it was worded rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't even sound like anything a fan would say.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
It amazes me how many people here don't realize that Josh simply doesn't have "it."

I'm all for letting young players develop and go through the growing pains with them. However, Fields just sucks, and after almost 2 months, it's obvious to me he just isn't gonna hack it. Maybe some other team can get through to him, but I don't see that happening with us.

Unfortunately for us, he'll be our starting third baseman for at least the next 2 months.