Sox @ Angels 5-25-09 - Danks vs. Santana

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
This is SoxTalk...where people talk out of their asses.

hey man, i've practiced for years to learn how to do that. show some respect.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 26, 2009 -> 02:23 AM)
Whatever, the way it was worded rubbed me the wrong way. Doesn't even sound like anything a fan would say.

Sorry, of all people, I wouldn't say something bad about Quentin. Hell, after last year, I was going to name my first born son after him.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
Unfortunately for us, he'll be our starting third baseman for at least the next 2 months.

I don't know about that. With the way Beckham has been raking lately, we could see him up here.

Today, 3-4 with 5 RBI. He's got his BA over .300 now. Plus, all his hits were spread out. His single was up the middle, his homer was to right-center, and his double was to left-center. I love to see that. Hopefully that means he's going with the pitches and not trying to pull everything.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
1/4 of the season is plenty of time to judge a player, especially a player entering his 4th year of MLB experience (granted two of the times were cups of coffee).

He hasn't made any positive adjustments, and it's clear he's clueless at bat. The guy is a bust.

His success in 07 was seemingly a first time around the league thing.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=#entry1568014

One crazy prediction, which really isn't all that crazy when you take into account how many top prospects fail, is that Evan Longoria will be a garbage major leaguer.

I remembered this because this was the first negative thing I'd ever read about Evan Longoria. You're a great poster, but none of us need to be saying such a talented player is not going to pan out after such a small sample size in one season.

Fields showed in 2007 some of the things he is capable of, and he lost all year last year due to lingering injuries. He had an excellent ST and now that he's healthy he has been a lot better in the field than he'd shown coming into this season. Fields deserves a lengthy leash because it could end up paying off big. Plus Viciedo isn't ready, and apparently Beckham isn't a 3B. Retherford doesn't need to be rushed either.

The one downer for Quentin is he cannot stay healthy, if his injury is the plantar fasciitis they said it was, I've had it and it can linger for a long time. I think McGwire had it too when he was in Oakland and he missed a lot of time over several seasons.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
Why are people talking about shutting down Q for the season before he's even had a DL stint?!

He hasn't seemed healthy since the first two weeks of the season, and with this year going down the drain, it might be wise to just let him take as long as possible to get to 100%. No need to bring him back when he is 95% only to have him re-injury himself. Q's future to this team is much important to risk on this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:29 PM)
What terrible pitch calling by AJP. He's doing such a terrible. job. And Pods showcasing his weak arm, as Abreu wasn't even at 3rd.

Alexei cut the ball off, the throw actually looked decent.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:30 PM)
I said my thoughts, and thats what the Angels announcers said CQ lipped to Cora.

hopefully they were bulls***ting about their lip reading ability and he's fine.