Cornejo 9 outs away

KipWellsFan

I hope he throws the no-hitter.  I'm sick of this team making excuses.  This guy shouldn't be throwing no-hitters and if he no-hits the Sox it will show how pathetic this team's offense has become.

The no hitter is over but I can never accept a no hitter against us, let alone wish for one.

What will that prove in real life?

Jack Morris is calling the game on Tiger tv and that reminds me of his no hitter against us obviously. Do you think one single damned thing was changed after we were no hit then?

So show how patrhetic we are will change what? We are down 2-0. I'd much prefer to win the game than lose a no hitter.

You need to be told that?

:lol:

I'd still rather win than be the victim of a no hitter and believe what I wish anyway!  :cheers

Some people believe the sooner JM is out the better for the team. Im not saying id go to the exteme of wishing us to lose, but i see their view.

You need to be told that?

:lol:

I'd still rather win than be the victim of a no hitter and believe what I wish anyway!  :cheers

Some people believe the sooner JM is out the better for the team. Im not saying id go to the exteme of wishing us to lose, but i see their view.

That would be me. I don't wanna see the White Sox lose either. But I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. If this team does come back and miraculously win the AL Central, no doubt JR will let JM ride out the last year of his contract. That, IMHO, is not in the White Sox best interest. Come to think of it, letting JM manage THIS SEASON was not in the White Sox best interest :rolleyes: .

Jeff Brantley on BBTN was talking about how JM early in the season used Koch too much. He also said something along the lines of "Jerry Manuel was just rotating his players too much and they really never knew what to expect from him on a daily basis". Obviously he has become nationally renowed for his tinkering skillz.

Jeff Brantley on BBTN was talking about how JM early in the season used Koch too much.  He also said something along the lines of "Jerry Manuel was just rotating his players too much and they really never knew what to expect from him on a daily basis".  Obviously he has become nationally renowed for his tinkering skillz.

And Jeff Brantley must be reading SoxNet and WSI :lolhitting

He's not reporting anything we don't already know.

As for Botch, 1 game was too much :bang

Jeff Brantley on BBTN was talking about how JM early in the season used Koch too much.  He also said something along the lines of "Jerry Manuel was just rotating his players too much and they really never knew what to expect from him on a daily basis".  Obviously he has become nationally renowed for his tinkering skillz.

Jeff Brantley is an idiot and that's why he's only used occasionally on Baseball Tonight and is usually doing day games on ESPN. He's a terrible announcer and I've never heard him point out one thing that wasn't obvious to anyone who can see and hear.

Seems that this board sure is selective in what they choose to accept from BBTN announcers. One day they're idiots, and the next they are very observant. It's gotta be 1 or the other.

Seems that this board sure is selective in what they choose to accept from BBTN announcers.  One day they're idiots, and the next they are very observant.  It's gotta be 1 or the other.

From what ive seen, most of them are not very smart. Gammons is the biggest moron of them all. :bang

From what ive seen, most of them are not very smart.  Gammons is the biggest moron of them all. :bang

I think they know more about that game than most, simply because they probably see much more of the games than your typical baseball fan. I do, though, also think that the networks they work for (such as ESPN or FOX) has some kind of agenda with certain teams, so they are "asked" to push those teams and/or the players on those teams. That's when I think they say moronic things -- when they aren't simply analyzing, but also fulfilling the wishes of the network. Plus, you have to keep in mind that people like Peter Gammons are not impartial -- Gammons is a huge Red Sox fan, so by nature he's going to favor them, even if his job calls for no biases. Myopic views often lead to moronic statements.

It would be like if one of us was an analyst on baseball tonight, we'd cover the White Sox more because it was our team of interest, but also because we would have the most knowledge about that team.

I know when going over the highlights I'd want to have a little more discussion over the team. Gammons wants to do the same, but I do think he knows quite a bit about whats going on.

The one guy I really don't like hearing is Brantley and the guy played baseball. I just don't think he watches many of the games.

It would be like if one of us was an analyst on baseball tonight, we'd cover the White Sox more because it was our team of interest, but also because we would have the most knowledge about that team. 

I know when going over the highlights I'd want to have a little more discussion over the team.  Gammons wants to do the same, but I do think he knows quite a bit about whats going on. 

The one guy I really don't like hearing is Brantley and the guy played baseball.  I just don't think he watches many of the games.

I don't know about Brantley specifically, but I can see how having a former player do analysis can be a mistake. He may think he knows it all simply because he played, and that is obviously not the case. Plus, when you have former ballplayers (some of whom probably aren't very bright), you just wonder how many of their "opinions" TRULY are their opinions. Maybe they have a bunch of writers just come up with stuff and they read it off a teleprompter. :huh:

I'm sure they pull up stats and stuff from telepromters and all that crap.  I think its probably a harder job then we think.

Oh sure, the stats and everything...absolutely they have 'prompters for those -- it would be impossible to memorize all those numbers. But what I'm wondering is, when Brantley or Harold Reynolds says "I think the Red Sox have a shot at making the playoffs because...", if that's them saying it, or if someone wrote it for them? Ya know, are they REALLY doing the analysis and providing commentary, or is it like any other news broadcast where people are simply hired to read what other people wrote?

I'd bet thats their own opinion. Otherwise they'd simply be puppets and they could hire basically everyone. They are paid for their analysis and while they may get help, I'm sure they come up with it based on watching the games.

I do think Reynolds knows what he's talking about on the most part.