CY Cornejo

SoxFanForever

Title says it all. Good ol' Nate Cornejo, another nobody is putting up a no-no against us through 6. Part of me wants him to get it so we can lose Manuel. Then again, I doubt that would be enough of a clue for Sox brass to get rid of him.

How about one lousy hit guys? That would be great right about now. :bang

Title says it all.  Good ol' Nate Cornejo, another nobody is putting up a no-no against us through 6.  Part of me wants him to get it so we can lose Manuel.  Then again, I doubt that would be enough of a clue for Sox brass to get rid of him.

How about one lousy hit guys?  That would be great right about now. :bang

That's about how I feel. Although there really is no reason to believe JM will be fired, even if there is a no-hitter. Most likely the Sox will get a meaningless hit followed by a double play sometime in these last 3 innings.

Cornejo isn't a nobody, he's a pretty good pitcher, just that isn't this good, far from this good.

then again, at times, our offense is bad enough to do allow something like this.

Part of me wants him to get it so we can lose Manuel.  Then again, I doubt that would be enough of a clue for Sox brass to get rid of him.

Name me one manager ever fired after his team was no hit - name one in baseball history.

The grasp of reality versus fantasy gets lost here sometimes.

I want to win. We are in position to.

I think you guys would rather see JM fired and say I told you so then see us win some games.

For me, I prefer winning to losing and reality to fantasy.

OK but one must admit that based on our performance this year, especially against Detroit, there was a large chance of us losing this game. In a way, if I had said I want a 2 out 3 run homer that would have been more "Chicken Little" of me but o well who cares. These are the 2ND HALF 2003 WHITE SOX not the 1ST HALF.

I want to win.  We are in position to.

Wow. You really believe that? Wow.

If, by some act of God this '03 Sox team makes the playoffs, the 3 and out we suffer will be humiliating to say the least.

Right now, this division is KC's to lose.

We're in no position to win anything as long as we consider ourselves a contender while we're still under .500.

I want to win.  We are in position to.

Wow. You really believe that? Wow.

If, by some act of God this '03 Sox team makes the playoffs, the 3 and out we suffer will be humiliating to say the least.

Right now, this division is KC's to lose.

We're in no position to win anything as long as we consider ourselves a contender while we're still under .500.

I want to win - yes.

We are in position to - yes. We are not out of it.

Do we desparately need to get over 500 - yes.

Is this KC's to lose - maybe. It is ours to take given the number of games we have left with them. If our hitting ever comes around, we ahve what we need - no team is perfect - we have enough to take them out and anyone else if we hit.

If we don't start hitting, we sink.

7 hits with 2 outs is maybe something this team needs to get untracked. Maybe not. But I prefer to sleep with a smile rather than despair.