Mike MacDougal?

Chisoxfn

Right-hander Mike MacDougal, who signed a minor league deal May 3, has a 21-day out clause in the contract that allows him to opt for free agency Monday if the Nationals don't call him up from Class AAA Syracuse. Rizzo said the Nationals haven't made any decisions on whether to bring MacDougal to the big leagues. -- Washington Times

I'm assuming he won't be promoted so I'm hoping the Tigers pick him up and somehow move him to closer, haha.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 26, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm assuming he won't be promoted so I'm hoping the Tigers pick him up and somehow move him to closer, haha.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was promoted....his control is still a bit of a problem, but outside of the walks, he seems to be doing well in AAA

http://syracuse.chiefs.milb.com/milb/stats...&pid=213680

Not that I expect him to do well if given the call....I just wouldn't be surpised if the Nats took on a flyer on him

And MacDougal is coming up!!

Montz was optioned back to Harrisburg after Wednesday’s game, clearing room for Washington to purchase the contract of pitcher Mike MacDougal(notes) from Syracuse on Friday before the Nationals play at Philadelphia.

The Nationals had until Friday to promote MacDougal, a former All-Star closer, or possibly lose him to free agency.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
And MacDougal is coming up!!

Montz was optioned back to Harrisburg after Wednesday’s game, clearing room for Washington to purchase the contract of pitcher Mike MacDougal(notes) from Syracuse on Friday before the Nationals play at Philadelphia.

The Nationals had until Friday to promote MacDougal, a former All-Star closer, or possibly lose him to free agency.

Well, that will set the baseball world on it's ear.