Quentin heading back to Chicago

JDsDirtySox

How did he hurt the heel anyway? Poor CQ. He's been banged up way too much for a young potential stud.

We're playing well, but man our outfield is pretty weak without CQ.

We have Pods, BA and Dye.

Pods and BA sometimes are decent; hope they suck it up and have a good few weeks if CQ is DL'ed.

It's no time to slip. Twins are kicking butt; Detroit is excellent and KC the last 3-4 series against us has played us very tough.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:22 PM)
Guy in my fantasy league dropped him. Should I grab him off the waivers?

Yes. I may be putting a positive spin on it, but it seems like there's nothing popped or torn, hopefully something that needs some rest, so you might have to eat a DL stint, but it seems realistic he will come back soon

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 07:46 AM)
If TCQ goes DL, the smart call-up is Josh Kroeger, who has put up an .868 OPS in May at Charlotte. Unfortunately, we won't get the smart call-up, we'll get the Wise one.

This was a very funny post.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
Two questions... Will Wise be ready now? And #2, will 15 days on the DL help Q that much if this injury is going to slow him down all year anyway?

It will decrease the pain and allow him to be more effective for a period of time. He may become a HR or singles hitter as the running hard to second for a double will be the thing that hurts him the most, along with sprinting in the field.

Personally, I wouldn't be oppossed to shutting down Quentin for the rest of the year. I think getting him 100% for next year should be our top priority for the future.

I really don't see this year being worth having Quentin playing through pain and not getting completely healthy. I say the sooner we get Quentin 100% the better.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
Thats too many LH bats. Im guessing they bring up a righty.

What RH OF could we bring up? It won't be little bridge. Cook ended up staying in B-Ham and isn't hitting well, and the other OF's in B-Ham are guys they want to keep developing. I think the only real choices are Kroeger or Wise.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:51 AM)
Personally, I wouldn't be oppossed to shutting down Quentin for the rest of the year. I think getting him 100% for next year should be our top priority for the future.

I really don't see this year being worth having Quentin playing through pain and not getting completely healthy. I say the sooner we get Quentin 100% the better.

That's loser talk, sorry. This year ain't over by a long shot.

Rest him, yes, but if he can play, play him!

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)

So you would shut down Quentin for the rest of the year because he has plantar fasciitis?

Seems a bit overreactionary