Beckham promoted to Charlotte...

JPN366

He was pulled from the game today just before it ended. I think they wanted to get him up to Columbus before tonight's game there. That game is on MiLB.tv tonight, by the way. In fact, the next five or six Charlotte games are on MiLB.tv.

Edited by BearSox

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pure speculation by you or did you find out for sure by someone?

Interesting, none the less. If so, it takes away some of the awesomeness of Birmingham. However, it does increase the time table of when we will see some of that awesomeness in Chicago.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (sayitaintso @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
I tried checking on milb.com and rotoworld but nothing is reported about it yet, so when would you expect him to make his AAA debut?

He seemed in a hurry to leave. The game was almost over, but he was taken out anyway. I think they wanted to get him up to Ohio so he can play in tonight's Knights game.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
He seemed in a hurry to leave. The game was almost over, but he was taken out anyway. I think they wanted to get him up to Ohio so he can play in tonight's Knights game.

Okay, thanks a lot for the update.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Am I the only one that gets sad seeing players promoted to Charlotte? I'd rather he stay in Birmingham and come up that way. Get a new ballpark down there.

Imagine my disappointment. He missed all of the last homestand.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Damn, 51 (52?) pro games and already in AAA. At this rate he's going to be on the major league team and maybe even before September.

at this rate he will have retired by October

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 27, 2009 -> 02:29 PM)
Am I the only one that gets sad seeing players promoted to Charlotte? I'd rather he stay in Birmingham and come up that way. Get a new ballpark down there.

Charlotte is working on a new park. Usually the Sox don't send top prospects to Charlotte to stay long so my guess is they have an exact plan in mind and Gbeck won't be there for too long. I assume they want him to see a bit more breaking balls before they ultimately promote him. He's gotten some action at 3B so Fields has to be on notice because I think Beckham will be playing 3B in Chicago shortly.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
at this rate he will have retired by October

The end of October, after winning World Series MVP and throwing a CG in the WS for good measure (and without a DH, of course)

If Fields continues to improve as he has the last few games, I'm guessing that means either Fields will be traded, or the Sox have a tough call to make. I personally would rather, if Fields does indeed continue to improve, that they play Beckham at Short where he belongs (remember, his weakness in the scouting reports was his arm and defense generally), and move Alexei to CF. I realize I'm in the minority on this, but, I think it would have been better to either send Fields down a few weeks ago, or to stick it out now that he's showing signs of life. Right now is the exact wrong time for this.

Flame away.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
Charlotte is working on a new park. Usually the Sox don't send top prospects to Charlotte to stay long so my guess is they have an exact plan in mind and Gbeck won't be there for too long. I assume they want him to see a bit more breaking balls before they ultimately promote him. He's gotten some action at 3B so Fields has to be on notice because I think Beckham will be playing 3B in Chicago shortly.

Josh Fields is a key piece in the trade for Dan Haren!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#(&$*(*

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Ramirez is our SS. He's really starting to get his s*** together too. Fields will probably be trade bait, but if he hits, he could also stick in LF while the Sox figure out what to do with Quentin.

Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that - Fields to LF if it looks like he's putting it together. Not a bad idea.

So here is a question... would you rather have Fields or Kroeger in LF to hold CQ's spot?

Also, I'm guessing this is the first domino in front of some other minor league moves.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that - Fields to LF if it looks like he's putting it together. Not a bad idea.

So here is a question... would you rather have Fields or Kroeger in LF to hold CQ's spot?

Also, I'm guessing this is the first domino in front of some other minor league moves.

Fields.