w sox trade for machado from pirates

chisox2334

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 28, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
The Pirates have traded minor league infielder Anderson Machado to the Chicago White Sox for a player to be named later.

Do we know much about this fellow. I will be doing a search for info, but what does anyone else know? Maybe we got a trde similar to the onbe that brought Ozzie Guillen from San Diego for Lamar Hoyt

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
I think he was traded to the Cubs. It says on his MiLB.com profile that he's with the Iowa Cubs.

That makes more sense as they are looking for all the depth they can, but this guy just blows.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
That makes more sense as they are looking for all the depth they can, but this guy just blows.

Although, if the White Sox did trade for him, then he's coming to B'ham. :o

He has a .672 career minor league OPS, which is horrible, and the last thing the Sox need is another shortstop right now. Makes no sense.

Any source on this at all? First post has no sourcing of any kind, which makes me highly skeptical. Where did you hear this?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)

Thanks.

QUOTE YOUR SOURCES PEOPLE!!!

Also, MLBTR isn't usually a source in itself, its a condenser of other people's stuff.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
I really think he was traded to the Cubs, not the White Sox. He is listed on the Iowa Cubs roster, but hasn't played a game for them.

Seems likely. I'm about ready to just close the thread.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
Here is the actual source, BTW.

I sent an email to the blog writer, pointing out that the guy is now on the I-Cubs, and that the Sox need another shortstop for AAA like they need a hole in their head, and that he may want to double check his info.

This happened last year too. I read that Jim Brower was traded by the Reds to the White Sox, but he had actually been traded to the Cubs.

Of course, the writer could be right too. When Gookie Dawkins was let go by Charlotte, he originally turned up on Reno's roster, but was actually with New Orleans. Reno was at home playing New Orleans, so that accounted for the confusion. Could be the same thing here. The Barons need another infielder, and Machado has been with Pittsburgh's AA team.

Edited by JPN366

chisox2334 is a very credible source. (he's called two trades on this board before it was even announced if I remember) He is one of the few great ones we have. Just for the record/future of other posters before they flip out entirely.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:42 AM)
chisox2334 is a very credible source. (he's called two trades on this board before it was even announced if I remember) He is one of the few great ones we have. Just for the record/future of other posters before they flip out entirely.

I'm not doubting anybody here. It would actually make sense for Machado to join the Barons. The Barons haven't filled the open roster spot yet, so it is likely.