w sox trade for machado from pirates

chisox2334

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:42 AM)
chisox2334 is a very credible source. (he's called two trades on this board before it was even announced if I remember) He is one of the few great ones we have. Just for the record/future of other posters before they flip out entirely.

No one flipped out or anything of the sort. I was the one who called him on it, because there was no source originally.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
it was my fault for not posting exactly where I got it from. I am sorry for not doing that. I usually am on top of having everything thing posted from where I get it.

Not a problem, thanks for adding that.

We just need to be careful with posts/threads that initiate talks about rumors and what not have some sort of support to them. Otherwise, we can get into trouble. Its not about any specific poster.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
Also, MLBTR isn't usually a source in itself, its a condenser of other people's stuff.

What's been said has been quoted, but...

would just like to point out that rotoworld is the exact same type of website. They just offer fantasy news and implications on all trades, so they have to be perhaps a somewhat bit more accurate. Figured it was worth mentioning.

I think we can settle that he was traded to the Cubs. C.J. Lang was promoted to B'ham to fill the open roster spot, Kyle Shelton shuffled up from Kanny to W-S, and Kanny now has an open roster spot.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 29, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
I think we can settle that he was traded to the Cubs. C.J. Lang was promoted to B'ham to fill the open roster spot, Kyle Shelton shuffled up from Kanny to W-S, and Kanny now has an open roster spot.

That writer actually responded to me this morning, and said this:

"I was told that he went to the White Sox, plain and simple. If I remember correctly, Machado has played some outfield, too."

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
That writer actually responded to me this morning, and said this:

"I was told that he went to the White Sox, plain and simple. If I remember correctly, Machado has played some outfield, too."

Well, then I hope he knows at 28, he's headed to low A ball. Because High A, AA & AAA rosters are full. Looking at the Iowa Cubs roster, he's more than needed there, not in the White Sox system.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 29, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)

Kyle Shelton wasn't promoted from Kanny to W-S after all. The open roster spot is with W-S.

By the way, I told that writer about this guy being in the Cubs' lineup at Iowa, and got a response:

Good to know, Matt. Strange. That information came from a direct announcement by the Pirates, albeit while we were all en route to get out of Chicago, so it might have been rushed on their end.

Appreciate the info.

Dejan

Looks like the Pirates PR office didn't even get it right.