Anybody see this...

alexkong04

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
I assume you are joking about the new stadium, since ours is only 18 years old and has just under gone 5 years of renovations.

And this issue is really only tangentially related to the Sox - seems like this should be in the Sports Pub.

Yeah...actually I was only kidding about the stadium. I hope no one took that too seriously.

I think my thing is being a long time White Sox fan...I just don't really ever remember the Sox ever having any big name first-tier superstars.

The only one I can really think of being a league wide superstar player was Frank Thomas. I remember when Thomas and Griffey were considered two of the best hitters in the league.

I mean we've had great players come through the organization...but usually at the tail end of their careers.

Those like Griffey, George Bell, Jim Thome, Tom Seaver, Carlton Fisk, George Bell, Kenny Lofton, etc...

I mean someone like Konerko gets his due, but around the league is he really a feared great player.

I know what every is trying to say...and I do agree that since Kenny has taken over this team has been so much better then I remember in the past. So I give him a lot of credit for that. The farm could really get better...but we've gotten some great talent via trade anyway.

It's good to be able to talk about the this team anyway.