Latest Starter Linked to Sox in a Roundabout Way: Roy Oswalt

fathom

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:21 AM)
I would give up anything outside of Beckham to get Haren.

I'd actually like Webb more, as long as the medical records check out, with his sinker tailor made for the Cell. He wouldn't cost as much in terms of talent, with 2 less years remaining on his deal compared to Haren, through 2010. I like Haren, but he gets more FB outs than GB's.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
I'd actually like Webb more, as long as the medical records check out, with his sinker tailor made for the Cell. He wouldn't cost as much in terms of talent, with 2 less years remaining on his deal compared to Haren, through 2010. I like Haren, but he gets more FB outs than GB's.

I said awhile back after Webb gets off the DL, KW should be calling up Arizona.

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)

Haren is a sinkerballer is well and has played in the AL in his career too

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 31, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
What is odd about that report is I cant see the Astros trading Oswalt to a NL Central team.

Are you kidding? Everyone wants to play for the Cubs. That's the greatest place to play in the world!

Breaking News!!!

According to Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle, the Astros are set to announce the acquisition of Jon Garland from the White Sox!

Something tells me that Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle needs to find something else to do aside from writing sourceless, obviously highly imaginative articles for the Houston Chronicle.

If Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle writes an article announcing that the sun and the earth are in the final stages of finalizing a deal that would bring sunlight to this part of the world tomorrow morning, then everyone who comes in contact with that article needs to immediately drop to his or her knees and begin feverishly begging invisible people for miraculous things.

I have no doubt that there is a possibility of Roy Oswalt vetoing an actual deal, but if it does happen, you're not going to hear it from the mouth of Jose de Jesus Ortiz of the Houston Chronicle. The man is a butcher.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 31, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Thanks, I had a feeling he was a bum. He didn't state a single source, not even an anonymous one when he first announced this.

This guy should be working for the New York Times.

If you remember the Garland fiasco after the 2006 season, this writer was still insisting the deal was done as Kenny was on his way back from the winter meetings and telling everyone who asked him about the prospective deal just how false that report was. All indications were that nothing was ever even close to being done as Kenny wanted Pence (this was before Pence was producing in the Majors). It's proof that the guy takes weak leads and runs with them without ever checking anything out beforehand.

What I think probably happened was that he was taking a leak in a urinal at the train station and overheard someone in a nearby stall who was talking to a buddy while taking a dump about how Oswalt wouldn't accept a deal to the Sox. He then took his s***ty source straight to his s***ty paper.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
Whoa, hold on. I just noticed the name change on this. Oswalt was ALSO traded here and declined it?

No. Not even close. Go back and read the last page. It's one reporter from Houston with no source speculating on his blog that Oswalt would refuse a trade here if it were to happen.

No, there was speculation with Sox sending scouts down there. Then the Tribune was saying Oswalt was at odds with the manager, then a Houston beat writer is reporting without any sources that Oswalt wouldn't waive his NTC to come here if the Sox were to make a trade.

Hey, guys! What do you say we all write an article that Ozzie Guillen ate a baby last night? We won't name names, but i'm sure we must have heard it somewhere, from someone. Obviously, we'd be legitimate to make it into the Trib or on CSN. It sounds like this Ortiz shmuck doesn't want Oswalt to be traded, so he's putting words into his mouth.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:20 AM)
Hey, guys! What do you say we all write an article that Ozzie Guillen ate a baby last night? We won't name names, but i'm sure we must have heard it somewhere, from someone. Obviously, we'd be legitimate to make it into the Trib or on CSN. It sounds like this Ortiz shmuck doesn't want Oswalt to be traded, so he's putting words into his mouth.

I heard it's false, as the baby was not interested in coming to Chicago