GameThread: White Sox(21-25) vs Royals(23-24)

Kyyle23

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad part about Clayton is the better he pitches the better the chances he will be leaving the white sox before the end of July IMO. With Poreda coming up and Danks and Buerhle locked into the rotation I don't see use going with 4 leftys and Clayton's trade value has never been higher.

If Clayton keeps showing this, I hope we stop the trade discussions.

I mean that last K was NASTY.

I like what I'm seeing from this guy, who is working fast on the mound and throwing nasty stuff.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ May 29, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
The sad part about Clayton is the better he pitches the better the chances he will be leaving the white sox before the end of July IMO. With Poreda coming up and Danks and Buerhle locked into the rotation I don't see use going with 4 leftys and Clayton's trade value has never been higher.

The better Clayton pitches the more likely Poreda is gone, IMO.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
terrible bunt, and terrible baserunning by brian

How was that bad baserunning? It was a line drive bunt toward the pitcher, didn't he have to freeze?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
If Clayton throws 96 mph like it just said on the Royals' TV screen, why aren't we higher on him as a prospect?

That's pretty damn fast.

Clayton threw quite a few pitches in the 93mph range while in the minors... and routinely popped up around 95.

I think most fans who weren't familiar with him ignored it assuming the minor league guns were off.

We're seeing more of it now because he's getting confidence in his pitches at the major league level.

Now, if he gets confidence and consistency in his curve, which is a pretty decent pitch, things will really get interesting.

Edited by scenario