Quentin to DL

justBLAZE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
White Sox roster move: Quentin to DL, Wise returns in time for tonight's game.

well, I hope everyone enjoyed BA playing on a regular basis because unfortunately that is likely over.

I don't mind Q to the DL, it kind of needed to happen to get a better grip on things with his injury. When's it retroactive to? He hasn't played in a few days.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
How so?

We don't have any other options down at AAA.

And please don't say Kroeger.

You asked and answered.

Look at the numbers Wise and Kroeger have put up in their minor league careers, in their full seasons last year, and in spring training this year, and tell me you really think Wise is a better option for a backup OF.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
You asked and answered.

Look at the numbers Wise and Kroeger have put up in their minor league careers, in their full seasons last year, and in spring training this year, and tell me you really think Wise is a better option for a backup OF.

that's being optimistic

god, I normally can't spell, but today is even worse.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
that's being optomistic

I know, I'm hoping against history that Anderson will get to stay starting in CF. And as much as I get on Pods, he's still far better than Wise. If Wise gets as much time as either (or more), then its an even worse move.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
I know, I'm hoping against history that Anderson will get to stay starting in CF. And as much as I get on Pods, he's still far better than Wise. If Wise gets as much time as either (or more), then its an even worse move.

lol, for the record, I changed my spelling mistake in my original post!!!!!!!!!

He may get playing time over Pods, but not BA, I just don't see anything in Ozzie's track record that would make that a reality, he'll fall back on the lefty/righty thing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
We have ALOT of lefty bats on this team right now.

Well, finding a RH hitting OF would be even harder than finding one at all right now. The only one in Charlotte is Mike Restovich, who I don't think the org sees as a real option.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
lol, for the record, I changed my spelling mistake in my original post!!!!!!!!!

He may get playing time over Pods, but not BA, I just don't see anything in Ozzie's track record that would make that a reality, he'll fall back on the lefty/righty thing.

Hopefully you are right, given Brian's righthandedness and playing well lately, he'll get starting time.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
Hopefully you are right, given Brian's righthandedness and playing well lately, he'll get starting time.

actually I miswrote that... I could see Ozzie sticking Wise in CF with Pods in LF against a vast majority of righties and saying how great it is to have an extra left handed bat in there. Oh my god, I just envisioned how poor Pods/Wise/Dye in the OF is going to be defensively.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
You asked and answered.

Kroeger's AAA stats last year in 430 at bats

.307/.373/.514/.887

15 HR, 69 RBI

43 BB : 82 K

12 SB 3 CS

Dewayne Wise's AAA stats last year in 191 at bats

.319/.402/.565/.967

9 HR, 23 RBI (20 HR, 52 RBI if proportionalized to match Kroeger's ABs)

22 BB : 32 K (50 BB : 72 K if proportionalized to match Kroeger's ABs)

15 SB 7 CS (34 SB 16 CS if proportionalized to match Kroeger's ABs) (9SB 0CS in Chicago)

Pretty similar seasons last year, plus Wise proved he was capable of handling MLB pitching. He didn't set the world on fire by any means, but as a temporary replacement for Quentin and to serve as an extra outfielder he's fine. Kroeger has zero history in the majors and has disappointed at Charlotte so far this year. Plus, Wise could be valuable as a PR and can adequately play all OF positions. Kroeger is best served in the corners and while not slow, he isnt an ideal PR candidate. I really fail to see where or why he is a better choice. Claiming Kroeger is a better option than Wise right now is a bit much.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
actually I miswrote that... I could see Ozzie sticking Wise in CF with Pods in LF against a vast majority of righties and saying how great it is to have an extra left handed bat in there. Oh my god, I just envisioned how poor Pods/Wise/Dye in the OF is going to be defensively.

Yes, that was my fear. If Ozzie could, he'd play Pods and Wise against righties, and 2 Andersons against lefties. Since he can't, I think he'll play Anderson in CF against lefties and that's it. We'll get Pods/Wise the rest of the time. Just terrible.