That would be a White Sox Winner

Balta1701

QUOTE (tommy @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
It would be great to finally sweep someone, and this is a good start.

Jose who? That's how you do it Clayton Richard!!!

Offense :headbang

More like Jake who?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
Not sure what's gotten into Clayton Richard, but I f***in' like it.

Confidence in his stuff. This is what he was throwing like in the minors last year.

Last year after getting called up, he looked like he was scared to throw balls and as a result dialed his speed and repertoire down.

Now, I think he's past the shock of being in the bigs and turning it loose.

By the time he retires, Mark Buehrle will have meant a lot more to this organization then just a World Series, 250 or so Wins and a no hitter. He's had a strong hand in the development of both Richard and Danks, Two guys who could help anchor us into the future. I can't wait to see what he does with Poreda.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 29, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
Confidence in his stuff. This is what he was throwing like in the minors last year.

Last year after getting called up, he looked like he was scared to throw balls and as a result dialed his speed and repertoire down.

Now, I think he's past the shock of being in the bigs and turning it loose.

I hope you're right. The pessimist in me can't ignore the fact that two of the three teams he's gone up against during this mini-streak are terrible offensively. Will obviously see in the coming weeks just how good Clayton is or isn't.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 30, 2009 -> 04:35 AM)
Don't look now, but Josh Fields has a 5 game hitting streak and is 7 for his last 15. In the last week, his batting average has gone up from .212 to .241.

That's because he is going to the opposite field on fastballs. I don't think he will ever be an elite power hitter but he looks like a doubles hitter with solid speed, and home run potential on breaking balls.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
That's because he is going to the opposite field on fastballs. I don't think he will ever be an elite power hitter but he looks like a doubles hitter with solid speed, and home run potential on breaking balls.

He can absolutely be an elite power hitter. He has all the power in the world. He's one of those guys that just needs to realize he can hit home runs without even trying. If he will just continue to shorten that swing of his he has a future, if he does not, he'll be looking for another career.

Big game tonight. Need to get this one against Meche because we have Greinke to deal with tomorrow.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
He can absolutely be an elite power hitter. He has all the power in the world. He's one of those guys that just needs to realize he can hit home runs without even trying. If he will just continue to shorten that swing of his he has a future, if he does not, he'll be looking for another career.

Big game tonight. Need to get this one against Meche because we have Greinke to deal with tomorrow.

Hawk made an interesting point about Fields last night. He said that when his top hand comes off of the bat (like he has all year) his front shoulder quits rotating, and he loses that power. When he keeps the top hand through, he finishes his swing, and the ball jumps off of his bat when he makes contact.