Brian Anderson

knightni

For some time now there seems to have been a fairly popular consensus that if Brian could only hit .250... that he'd HAVE TO be the regular because of his defense.

So, here he is... batting .275... but we have to get rid of him because... he strikes out to much... or doesn't hit in key situations... or whatever the fan flavor of the week is.

Fascinating.

I say as long as he doesn't sink into sub-Uribean type batting average and OBP territory... keep running him out there.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:13 AM)
For some time now there seems to have been a fairly popular consensus that if Brian could only hit .250... that he'd HAVE TO be the regular because of his defense.

So, here he is... batting .275... but we have to get rid of him because... he strikes out to much... or doesn't hit in key situations... or whatever the fan flavor of the week is.

Fascinating.

I say as long as he doesn't sink into sub-Uribean type batting average and OBP territory... keep running him out there.

This :headbang

No, I'm saying that he doesn't seem to want to learn from his mistakes. He keeps repeating the same ones.

I don't know about that. I'm sure he knows what he's supposed to do. It just ain't easy to hit a baseball after the pitcher sets you up, then throws that two-strike pitch in the dirt. He's doing fine right now. I'd rather have him out there than ANY of our other options.

As far as next year ... of course we've had a hole in cf for a long time now. Anderson's defense is comforting out there and he's hitting OK. He's doing pretty well IMO.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)

Fascinating.

Thank you. This was exactly what I would have posted had you not done it already.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)

Fascinating.

Hit the nail on the head. BA's fine by me.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
It just amazes me at how Anderson seems shocked to get a 3-2 curve, Getz seems shocked to get a 3-2 slider in, and Fields seems shocked to get a fastball up in the zone. Now that's exactly where Walker needs to be more vocal.

He will learn in good time. BA s a fine player and we should feel lucky to have him

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2009 -> 10:21 AM)
After what Brian has proved, I am running him out there five days a week until TCQ comes back. After that, I wait and see how Pods is doing, because the lead off hitter part has been a real sticking point.

This.