Boy's Pumped Up...

letsgoarow

He's done it this year. When he gets the adrenaline going he tends to get it up there.

I think it's a combination of adrenaline and time off for Jenks' velocity. He hasn't pitched in a week so he's probably feeling real strong right now and his last outing was a blown save, he's looking for the redeemer here.

A 100 MPH pitch from Bobby that goes for a ball isn't as effective as him throwing a 94 MPH pitch for Strike 1.

C'mon, peeps, for the last 4 yrs, all Bobby wants is to throw Strike 1 and he's been far more effective with 94+ than he is at 100.

He can still throw 100, he just throws more strikes when he pitches it at a lower speed.

Edited by Allsox

I was a little worried after Teahan got that hit. I was envisioning a home run that would have been crippling. Then he threw that high heat and followed it with an amazing curveball.

Hail to Bobby Jenks!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Allsox @ May 30, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
A 100 MPH pitch from Bobby that goes for a ball isn't as effective as him throwing a 94 MPH pitch for Strike 1.

C'mon, peeps, for the last 4 yrs, all Bobby wants is to throw Strike 1 and he's been far more effective with 94+ than he is at 100.

He can still throw 100, he just throws more strikes when he pitches it at a lower speed.

of course, a 100 MPH fastball at the chest for what would be ball two will be a swinging strike three for like 80% of the hitters in the game