AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

I like this offense now. I'm going to like it while I can. It might start crapping out again later.

Nice game by Mark. Made a bad pitch to Olivo that cost him another win. He should be 8-1 right now.

Any kind of offensive production is gravy tomorrow. I don't expect us to win.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
It's amazing how much of a higher quality ABs we're getting with a certain person not in the lineup (I'm not talking about Quentin).

Will the real Brian Anderson please stand up?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 30, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)
Will the real Brian Anderson please stand up?

He would probably have an easier time doing that if people didn't ask him to after every hot or cold streak/game/at-bat/pitch.

OMG THIS TEAM SUCKS. OH AND I WAS RIGHT, BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE SAYING THIS TEAM WASN'T GOING ANYWHERE THIS YEAR, ALTHOUGH YOU DIDN'T SEE ME POSTING IT WHEN THE SOX WERE OVER .500 OR AFTER ANY WINS. BLOW THIS TEAM UP.

Oh wait we won. Sorry, I forgot what to post.

Hope for a pitching duel where Grienke gets his pitch count up and has to leave after 7.

I don't see any hope. Zack has shown no signs of suckiness. He's ruled all hitters this season.

Our only hope is if Jimmy somehow times one or two and has a multi-homer game. I don't see our righties hitting him. No way.

I'd play AJP even if he's due for a day off.

Tonight though ...

Great use of small ball tonight. Royals fans have to be pissed at the s***ty defense. Butler getting in the way on the bunt with second baseman covering.

I know Hillman sort of called out Butler in the postgame interview. Said it's a play that has been around 100 years and Butler needs to know what to do.

Haven't seen Greinke pitch, but usually when pitchers are going as well as he is, they are throwing anywhere between 66% and 75% first pitch strikes. And with his control thus far, I'd say he's doing that. Simply logic says swing early to hit those pitches.

Of course, if you don't hit those pitches, he's going 9 innings again, which is a catch-22 in the fullest regard.

I still say you swing early.

BTW, Alexei in the 2-hole... .382/.447/.471/.918. Keep him there. I TOLD YOU SO.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)
Haven't seen Greinke pitch, but usually when pitchers are going as well as he is, they are throwing anywhere between 66% and 75% first pitch strikes. And with his control thus far, I'd say he's doing that. Simply logic says swing early to hit those pitches.

Of course, if you don't hit those pitches, he's going 9 innings again, which is a catch-22 in the fullest regard.

BTW, Alexei in the 2-hole... .382/.447/.471/.918. Keep him there. I TOLD YOU SO.

I've heard several commentators suggest that no one has commanded the fastball as well as Greinke this year since Greg Maddux.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)

They talked about this as their approach today in the Trib to getting Grienke. As a matter of a fact JD had a quote about attacking him before he "got into his grove". Yeah an editor missed that one.