White Sox Winner!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first road sweep since that series against the Giants last year.

I certainly did not expect a win today, but this team's proved me wrong. Great 9th inning against Cruz. Danks battled and Thome and Pods absolutely beat up Greinke. Let's go home and sweep Oakland to get over the .500 mark. How we do on this homestand can really shape what's going to happen in the ALC. Five games against Detroit.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
BBTN is going to focus on Greinke's bad outing, not the suddenly resurgent white sox O.

no, Wang pitched OK for the NYY today out of the pen, so there will be at least 45 minutes of breaking that outing down.

Potent 1-2 Punch Sparking WhiteSox

"With the emergence of Podsednik, batting .320 on the road trip, and Ramirez, who is hitting .441 over his past eight games with a move away from pulling the ball, manager Ozzie Guillen also has been able to move Chris Getz and Josh Fields to the bottom of the order and not put as high expectations on the young tandem. The move seems to have paid off, with Fields hitting .417 over his past six games, and Getz batting .320 in his past seven starts."

Nice to see the lineup starting to jell.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
This is as good as I've felt after a win since last October...

I hope we get off to a good start and win tomorrow. The A's are throwing a lot of junk against the Sox, and we can have a very good home stand. The Indians had to DL Sizemore, and we'll miss Cliff Lee.

What was the cheap shot in the top of the 9th? Didn't greg775 say the Royals were pumping up "Sweep the Sox" before this series? lol. f***ers.

Yeah there was a radio promo on "Sweep the Sox."

I think they really thought they'd get well on the Sox. They didn't.

Praise for Pods. He's proving a lot of people wrong. I admit I didn't want him back. Maybe he's destined to only play decent baseball for the Sox, nobody else.

His contributions today were huge obviously. He set the tone nicely.

Gotta keep it going obviously, but this was a nice win. I admit I didn't want Pods back and praise him today. Are any of you who were down on the Pods acquisition changing your tune?

Edited by greg775