White Sox Winner!!!

justBLAZE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
BBTN is going to focus on Greinke's bad outing, not the suddenly resurgent white sox O.

I've watched BBTN exactly once since MLB Network went live. Save for watching actual live games, I'm done watching WWL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)
Yeah there was a radio promo on "Sweep the Sox."

I think they really thought they'd get well on the Sox. They didn't.

Praise for Pods. He's proving a lot of people wrong. I admit I didn't want him back. Maybe he's destined to only play decent baseball for the Sox, nobody else.

His contributions today were huge obviously. He set the tone nicely.

Gotta keep it going obviously, but this was a nice win. I admit I didn't want Pods back and praise him today. Are any of you who were down on the Pods acquisition changing your tune?

I was worried that he'd get hurt again, which is why I was glad to see him go in the first place. I'm still worried that if he plays too much he'll pull a hamstring... again. I never really had a problem with him playing, and he is better than both Wise and Owens IMO (especially Owens, whether he is better than Wise is debatable and it's kind of a toss-up to me).

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 31, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
What was the cheap shot in the top of the 9th?

after the Sox scored 3 runs in the 9th KC pitcher decided to throw a high fast ball that hit Alexei Ramírez on the wrist / handle of the bat.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 31, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
after the Sox scored 3 runs in the 9th KC pitcher decided to throw a high fast ball that hit Alexei Ramírez on the wrist / handle of the bat.

It was Juan Cruz, it didn't look like it hit him to me, but it went straight at his head. Alexei barely got out of the way. I didn't think it was deliberate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
It was Juan Cruz, it didn't look like it hit him to me, but it went straight at his head. Alexei barely got out of the way.

i thought it hit the bat or his wrist and was ruled a foul ball. i was writing a soxtalk post when it happened so i could be wrong.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 31, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
i thought it hit the bat or his wrist and was ruled a foul ball. i was writing a soxtalk post when it happened so i could be wrong.

The noise you heard was it clipping Olivo's glove as it flew past him. On the Replay I was 95% sure it missed Alexei and his bat.

I was a little surprised that Jenks didn't bean Guillen in the 9th after that though, I will admit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
Yeah there was a radio promo on "Sweep the Sox."

I think they really thought they'd get well on the Sox. They didn't.

Praise for Pods. He's proving a lot of people wrong. I admit I didn't want him back. Maybe he's destined to only play decent baseball for the Sox, nobody else.

His contributions today were huge obviously. He set the tone nicely.

Gotta keep it going obviously, but this was a nice win. I admit I didn't want Pods back and praise him today. Are any of you who were down on the Pods acquisition changing your tune?

I think a Kansas City radio host also talked to Greinke about hitting A.J. last year in a series at the cell. I think the Sox scored 6 off of Greinke in that first inning and rolled over them in the series. When will they ever learn?

Edited by chw42

My only concern:

Pods is doing fantastic right now with the bat, but sucks as a center fielder, and is fine in left.

BA is a stellar CF'er, and is doing pretty good with the bat.

What happens when CQ gets back?

QUOTE (Cali @ May 31, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
My only concern:

Pods is doing fantastic right now with the bat, but sucks as a center fielder, and is fine in left.

You gotta go with Pods as he provides you with a leadoff hitter. Best case scenario would be whenever the Sox are leading past the 7th, BA comes in as a defensive replacement.

I was a little surprised that Jenks didn't bean Guillen in the 9th after that though, I will admit.

I also was waiting for Jenks to plunk him in the shoulder because that really was a scary pitch toward Lexi's face.

I had mixed emotions, though. I wanted Bobby to wrap up the victory. I was hoping Oz would address it in the postgame, however, blasting the Royals for throwing at him. I wonder if anybody will write about it. Usually pitches aren't that close to the face. He'd be f***ed up a long time had he gotten hit with that one in the face.

My only concern:

What happens?

Depth happens.

That's a good thing IMO.

It gives you alternatives for lineups... helps you keep guys fresh... etc.

I could see anybody playing well getting enough playing time. For example: there would be some days Q bats DH and rests Thome against lefties, etc.

I'm just saying when a pitch is that close to a teammate's face ... if you are ever going to retaliate on something it's on a scary fastball right at a guy's face. Usually inside heaters aren't that scary. Stone did mention that this happens with the Royals a lot, so there was some question in Stoney's mind.

Zach Greinke is completely befuddled by Scott Podsednik.

“Podsednik - if I could get him out, it would be a lot better," said Greinke, who had trouble with his usually reliable slider.

"He always does that to me."

Pierzynski was 3 for 4 for the day and got the ninth inning rally started with a single off John Bale (0-1).

"I've thrown him everything," said Greinke. "He's hit everything. You get two strikes and he fights off good pitches. I used to think he was just a bloop hit guy. He's a little better than that."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9629012...Sox-7,-Royals-4

The Royals always have had a thing for the White Sox since those moron jumped on the field and attacked Gamboa.

They bring it up in any instance. They claim our fans are white trash, however, one of my pasttimes at Royals games was playing "Count the Mullets".

Rock on KC

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 31, 2009 -> 11:43 PM)
Pods is something like 13-26 all time against Greinke.

Here are the stats from ESPN, but I'm not sure if today's game is included. If not, then even better...

11 hits in 23 at-bats; 3 doubles; 3 walks; and only 1 strikeout.

Batting average = .478

On-base percentage = .538

Slugging percentage = .609

OPS = 1.147

So, when Pods comes to the plate, he looks like Albert Pujols to Greinke. LOL... I love it.

My only concern:

Give Thome some days off to rest his feet, perhaps put Dye at DH and let Brian play RF, Pods CF, CQ LF (I say Pods over Brian in CF, because as we've seen Carlos hasn't played RF since he was with the Dbacks, and I don't think they're going to mess around with that right now, and I don't think Pods has played RF for us, ever)

You could also DH Carlos and have an OF of Pods/BA/Dye, both options give Jim some rest