White Sox Winner!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 31, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
The Royals always have had a thing for the White Sox since those moron jumped on the field and attacked Gamboa.

They bring it up in any instance. They claim our fans are white trash, however, one of my pasttimes at Royals games was playing "Count the Mullets".

Rock on KC

tiger fans have sort of jumped on that as well, which is pretty frickin hilarious when you consider the dump that is the city of detroit.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:07 AM)
Give Thome some days off to rest his feet, perhaps put Dye at DH and let Brian play RF, Pods CF, CQ LF (I say Pods over Brian in CF, because as we've seen Carlos hasn't played RF since he was with the Dbacks, and I don't think they're going to mess around with that right now, and I don't think Pods has played RF for us, ever)

You could also DH Carlos and have an OF of Pods/BA/Dye, both options give Jim some rest

Pathetically and hilariously enough, yes he has (earlier this year) but given the choice, yeah, you put BA in RF since he has the arm to play it and he's got enough range and natural ability to play wherever he wants.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
Give Thome some days off to rest his feet, perhaps put Dye at DH and let Brian play RF, Pods CF, CQ LF (I say Pods over Brian in CF, because as we've seen Carlos hasn't played RF since he was with the Dbacks, and I don't think they're going to mess around with that right now, and I don't think Pods has played RF for us, ever)

You could also DH Carlos and have an OF of Pods/BA/Dye, both options give Jim some rest

IIRC, the Sox have 9 games in a row in NL parks starting after this homestand. Thome will get plenty of rest.

BTW doesn't it make more sense for interleague games since they always are 3 game series to have 2 games using one league's rules and 1 game using the other league's rules depending on the home team instead of always using the home team rules?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:15 AM)
IIRC, the Sox have 9 games in a row in NL parks starting after this homestand. Thome will get plenty of rest.

BTW doesn't it make more sense for interleague games since they always are 3 game series to have 2 games using one league's rules and 1 game using the other league's rules depending on the home team instead of always using the home team rules?

Unless there has been a change I haven't heard about, the DH rule is solely affected by the home stadium. NL rules in NL stadiums, etc ....

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
Unless there has been a change I haven't heard about, the DH rule is solely affected by the home stadium. NL rules in NL stadiums, etc ....

I wouldn't mind when they bring back Quentin, they DL Thome from 6/12 through the Dodgers series to give him a nice rest and added flexability for the NL parks. While his pinch hitting would be nice. Betemit as a switch hitter were be better served in this role as in a big situation they would bring in a left handed pitcher for Thome anyway.

I understand Thome is doing great right now, but just a thought.