Conan show thread

Princess Dye

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed it, but it could've been better. I'm sure it'll continue to get better. I wonder if Andy will be standing over in the corner for good, or if he's going to be on the couch again.

Also, it really came off to me that Ferrell upstaged Conan. It's the guy's first show, give him the spotlight.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:14 AM)
I enjoyed it, but it could've been better. I'm sure it'll continue to get better. I wonder if Andy will be standing over in the corner for good, or if he's going to be on the couch again.

Also, it really came off to me that Ferrell upstaged Conan. It's the guy's first show, give him the spotlight.

Isn't that the mark of a good host? I mean, even though the show has his name on it...he's supposed to make his guests look good.

And I thought it was great. Mostly because he showed that he isn't going to change his show just because of the seat he is in now. He's going to be just as wacky at 10:30 as he was at 11:30.

CIRCLE! CIRCLE!! CIRCLE!!!

The universal studios bit was awesome. CIRCLE! CIRCLE!! CIRCLE!!! I thought the monologue was a little flat, but like he said, it's the first day and there are introductions that needed to be made. Richter was a bit flat and forced, but that will even out over time. I see good times ahead.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
Wow, those are two awesome things you dont like there. A titan of Comedy and an all time great rock band.

yeah I never understand when people say they hate Ferrell. Sometimes he just says one word and I wanna pee my pants with laughing so hard. But there seem to be alot of people that hate him and think he is the complete opposite of funny.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
Wow, those are two awesome things you dont like there. A titan of Comedy and an all time great rock band.

lol, disagree on both points with you, but I'm sure there's stuff you don't like that I love and consider legendary... comedy and music are two extremely personal point of view fields.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
yeah I never understand when people say they hate Ferrell. Sometimes he just says one word and I wanna pee my pants with laughing so hard. But there seem to be alot of people that hate him and think he is the complete opposite of funny.

I don't hate him, he can be and is often funny, I just prefer many other comedians over him. Same thing as Pearl Jam, it would be ignorant to ignore the impact they've had on music over the last 15+ years, just other bands I prefer.

Edited by SoxFan562004

I loved the car skit where Conan was in an old-school Ford Taurus. That's the car I drove in high school ('92 Taurus), so I guess I thought it was especially hilarious. Also enjoyed the list of things to do in LA that Ferrell told Conan, and Ferrell's entrance was priceless b/c as soon as they showed Conan, you could tell he didn't know that's what was going to happen.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 01:43 PM)
I loved the car skit where Conan was in an old-school Ford Taurus. That's the car I drove in high school ('92 Taurus), so I guess I thought it was especially hilarious. Also enjoyed the list of things to do in LA that Ferrell told Conan, and Ferrell's entrance was priceless b/c as soon as they showed Conan, you could tell he didn't know that's what was going to happen.

87 taurus right here.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I currently drive a '93 taurus. I was driving an '87 taurus until it died in November.

Nice, what color? Mine was Maroon. It was one of the first cars with climate control I remember, and it totally broke and could only pump out air at one speed, high. The best part about it in HS, the bench front seat.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
Nice, what color? Mine was Maroon. It was one of the first cars with climate control I remember, and it totally broke and could only pump out air at one speed, high. The best part about it in HS, the bench front seat.

:lol: So true...

By my senior year of high school (which was only 4 years ago so that car was about 13 years old), the AC didn't work and the radio went out. No AC was miserable in these 100 degree, high humidity summers. So I rode with the windows down at all times. The power locks only worked on the front doors and the back left door wouldn't open at all b/c my drunk older brother ripped off the lock one night when he was in college. For as much as there was wrong with that car, I loved that thing. My Taurus was charcoal gray, by the way, though paint had chipped off in numerous places to give it a silver look in those spots.