Conan show thread

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
I love Andy Richter, but he laughs at EVERYTHING.

I thought that was on purpose? Especially when some of the jokes bombed. Andy needs to be on the chair though. I stopped watching original Conan after Andy left because the show seemed to be missing a lot of funny in it.

It was a good first episode. Certainly better than the train-wreck that took over his old spot. I can't believe Fallon is still on. I literally cringed and felt embarassed after that one.

By far the best aspect of Conan is the sketches.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
yeah I never understand when people say they hate Ferrell. Sometimes he just says one word and I wanna pee my pants with laughing so hard. But there seem to be alot of people that hate him and think he is the complete opposite of funny.

I like Ferrell but he takes a lot of dumb roles. I have zero interest in his newest one.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
Conan moving to the tonight show is him doing the same god damn thing just in a different time slot.

Exactly, I don't know why people think it's going to be different. It'll be the same stuff with a bigger budget. (This is a very good thing).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
Nice, what color? Mine was Maroon. It was one of the first cars with climate control I remember, and it totally broke and could only pump out air at one speed, high. The best part about it in HS, the bench front seat.

My '87 was maroon as well. My current one is silver. Yeah, my climate control broke as well and would have cost more to fix that than what the car was worth.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Exactly, I don't know why people think it's going to be different. It'll be the same stuff with a bigger budget. (This is a very good thing).

It is a good thing. I was a bit worried that maybe the feel of the show would change. It hasn't, and I am very pleased about that. I miss Joel a bit though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I can't even watch Fallon. It's like witnessing a non-stop awkward moment that is constantly making you cringe.

Agreed. For me, the worst part of the Tonight Show switch is that now at 3:05 AM I see a couple minutes of Jimmy Fallon's always-awkward, seldom-funny opening monologue on the replay before I leave for work.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 02:54 AM)
Agreed. For me, the worst part of the Tonight Show switch is that now at 3:05 AM I see a couple minutes of Jimmy Fallon's always-awkward, seldom-funny opening monologue on the replay before I leave for work.

His monologues are absolutely brutal. Sometimes the show can be ok, but the monologue is always terrible.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)
YouTwitFace was great, but the year 3000 ones mostly sucked. Plus they didn't apply to the year 3000, at all.

I think it's just a metaphor for the future. Plus, how do you know some technology or law changes won't make it possible fopr Obama to still be president in 3000?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:44 AM)
I think it's just a metaphor for the future. Plus, how do you know some technology or law changes won't make it possible fopr Obama to still be president in 3000?

"Election 3004...Nixon's head vs. Obama's head".