Tejada Not Oswalt More Logical Target

Marty34

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 08:41 AM)
And a big time steroider... No thanks.

What do you think of Tyler Flowers?

If they got Tejada, he would play 3b, but I see no reason to trade anything for him while Beckham is hitting around .500 in AAA if Fields can't get going.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 08:38 AM)
Where would he play? I wouldn't give up to much for a 35 year old shortstop, who will be a free agent next year.

He'd play third or short with Beckham playing the spot he doesn't and Ramirez moving back to 2B. They can add a bat and still have prospects to get a pitcher later as maybe Houston is looking to dump some salary and would be willing to take Fields/Getz/Minor League pitcher not named Poreda.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:58 AM)
Ozzie is VERY vocal on Ramirez being our shortstop for the future. Which he has been playing stellar at so far this year I might add.

^^^^^^

These continual postings about moving Lexi off the SS position are madness!! The guy's playing terrific D at the premium defensive position and we don't have anyone else who can play it as well. Not Beckham, and probably not Nix (if Nix was this phenom shortstop who just can't hit much, he'd be playing there instead of 2B, because plenty of team's will still go the light hitting/great D route at SS.)

Lexi's starting to hit and is thriving in the 2hole. He's our SS of the present and the near future, at least. You don't move him to CF or anywhere else because of a perceived "logjam". These things will work themselves out.

KW clearly stated:

"I haven't talked to the Houston Astros about any pitching"
So that must mean the Sox are talking to Houston about a positional player. Could it be an Outfielder? Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
^^^^^^

These continual postings about moving Lexi off the SS position are madness!! The guy's playing terrific D at the premium defensive position and we don't have anyone else who can play it as well. Not Beckham, and probably not Nix (if Nix was this phenom shortstop who just can't hit much, he'd be playing there instead of 2B, because plenty of team's will still go the light hitting/great D route at SS.)

Lexi's starting to hit and is thriving in the 2hole. He's our SS of the present and the near future, at least. You don't move him to CF or anywhere else because of a perceived "logjam". These things will work themselves out.

I don't know about terrific, the guy is plenty athletic and makes some really nice plays, but still pretty inconsistent and prone to boneheaded plays. Plus his range to his right is pretty meh IMO, he disappoints me when I see him make a token effort to get to a ball that it seems like he should've gotten to.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
I don't know about terrific, the guy is plenty athletic and makes some really nice plays, but still pretty inconsistent and prone to boneheaded plays. Plus his range to his right is pretty meh IMO, he disappoints me when I see him make a token effort to get to a ball that it seems like he should've gotten to.

Agreed. He's been adequate at short, hasn't shown great range to his right and been only ordinary on pop-ups. He isn't someone you should reject switching back to 2B because of his defense at short, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Agreed. He's been adequate at short, hasn't shown great range to his right and been only ordinary on pop-ups. He isn't someone you should reject switching back to 2B because of his defense at short, that's for sure.

Yeah, as long as he's carrying his weight with the bat, I'm fine with his D. It was shaky at first but for the most part I'm fine with it.

He has had three errors all year and you guys are exaggerating his range to his right. At second base going to his right would be exploited just as much if not more. Atleast at short he snags a ton of what would be base hits up the middle.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
He has had three errors all year and you guys are exaggerating his range to his right. At second base going to his right would be exploited just as much if not more. Atleast at short he snags a ton of what would be base hits up the middle.

His boneheaded plays don't tend to count as errors. Not really sure how I'm exaggerating his range to his right, I didn't say it was terrible, I just said it was "meh." It just seems like he's moving in slow motion on those. Maybe I just had gotten used to watching Uribe get everything.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)

I thought he was only adequate defensively last year at second too. Though I will say, his arm did allow them to turn a lot of DP's they otherwise would not have, that was a big plus.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
What if instead of going after a pitcher, KW is trying to acquire a dynamic young outfielder, and will go after Pence with a package of Poreda, Flowers, etc?

That is what I was thinking. He was rumored to trying to trade Garland for him before iirc.