Tejada Not Oswalt More Logical Target

Marty34

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tejada Not Oswalt: A Steroid User. Thunderbolt Not Interested.

What are your thoughts on Tyler Flowers? Maybe we can trade him for someone who hasn't taken PED's???

can Tejada play 2B? What about Beckham at 2nd and Tejada at 3rd?

While on the subject of O's (at one time) IF....

I wonder if Melvin Mora could be a guy we'd look at. Last year of contract (at 9 mil) with an option for '10. Can play 3B. Power down this year, though.

Why not just get Tejada and his .353/.380/.527 line?

Tejada is making over $13 million (I think $14 million) this year. It shouldn't take too much to get him as long as we're taking on all the salary.

Tejada makes very little sense.

However, I'm not buying that the White Sox scout there was complete coincidence and KW didn't find out until after. I firmly believe we were either scouting someone on the Astros, or whoever they were playing on that day. Lets look who the Astros have on their 25 man roster that we might be interested in:

First off, I'm ruling out all young and/or cheap guys with high upside, and Lee and Berkman.

Obviously we want a vet starting pitcher to replace Colon's spot in the rotation (I'm eliminating Richard from trade talks). The only guy the Astros have that really fits that mold is Oswalt, and it seems unlikely that he is coming here.

Perhaps a lefty reliever to replace Gobble? They got one guy, Tim Byrdak who looks very meh. But if he would be easy to acquire, I'll take my chances with him over Gobble.

Maybe we were scouting Quintero as a backup catcher but instead went with Castro.

Not many other players on their 25 that seem like someone we'd be interested in.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
While on the subject of O's (at one time) IF....

I wonder if Melvin Mora could be a guy we'd look at. Last year of contract (at 9 mil) with an option for '10. Can play 3B. Power down this year, though.

Mora would be an interesting guy in the lead off conversation and at 3B if we aren't sold on Pods, and want to delay Becks.

from trib

The agent for Oswalt, meanwhile, wanted to clear up a few misconceptions about his client's feelings toward the Sox.

"Roy was never approached by the Astros that had anything to do with the White Sox," said Bob Garber, who also represents Sox second baseman Getz. "It has taken on a life of its own with bloggers and talk radio."

Garber stressed his client loves Chicago but is committed to helping the Astros.

"Roy has a lot of respect for the organization, including [Guillen]," Garber said. "He remembers the White Sox beat him in the 2005 World Series, and he recognizes Ozzie is a players' manager."

As for assumptions Oswalt has reservations about pitching on the South Side, Garber said his client believes U.S. Cellular Field "is a pitcher's park, compared to Minute Maid Park.

"Roy is not afraid of the park or the American League," Garber said.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
What are your thoughts on Tyler Flowers? Maybe we can trade him for someone who hasn't taken PED's???

can Tejada play 2B? What about Beckham at 2nd and Tejada at 3rd?

Oh please. Flowers was what 22 years old when he got caught and he gave his apology and moved on. Tejada used steroids and lied about them in front of congress. Do we really want that guy on our team?

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:46 AM)
As for assumptions Oswalt has reservations about pitching on the South Side, Garber said his client believes U.S. Cellular Field "is a pitcher's park, compared to Minute Maid Park.

"Roy is not afraid of the park or the American League," Garber said.

Only if there was like... zero gravity at Minute Maid Park.