If the Big Hurt comes back...is it just to retire?

wilmot825

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
Obviously we would sign him in September when rosters expand and we could stretch out the finale of his career in a 30 day tribute. Who knows, he may play great and we make the playoffs and forces himself onto the team.

Welcome aboard! Good post cause I could actually see that happening.

QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
Obviously we would sign him in September when rosters expand and we could stretch out the finale of his career in a 30 day tribute. Who knows, he may play great and we make the playoffs and forces himself onto the team.

Nice thought.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
The only reason Wise is on the roster right now is because of TCQ's injury. In another few days Wise will be choosing between Charlotte or another PCL or IL destination.

I call bulls***. Ozzie loves Wise. We could have Kroeger up here, or Restovich. We don't. We have Dewayne Wise.

It's all dreamworld.

Frank would need a long extended stint in AAA which would be dumb for all concerned.

He'd come up and the only place he could play is DH which we have one.

Platooning he and Thome would be dumb.

Also even though Frank is unemployed he won't come back to a team, any team, to sit.

He wants to play.

I wonder what he does every day in Vegas?

Bring him back as third base coach or hitting coach NOW. I'd go for that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
I call bulls***. Ozzie loves Wise. We could have Kroeger up here, or Restovich. We don't. We have Dewayne Wise.

Ozzie said there is no way Wise will loose his job due to injury. And he was starting when he separated his shoulder. So he's back and by the time CQ comes back, he will play himself out of this team.

As of right now there is no way they will get rid of Pods or Brian, it has to be Wise.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)

Neither of those guys who ason the forty man roster, and we are keeping a spot warm for Beckham.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
In the Daily Herald today there is a column that says the White Sox are open to bringing back Frank Thomas if he wants to come. But is this just a move to let him retire with the White Sox or will he actually play?

The guestions begs to be answered: What position does Frank take on a team that already has a DH. I love the Big Hurt, but it dopesn't make much sense to have him on the roster if he just sits on the bench taking up a spot just to pinch hit once in awhile.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:20 AM)
The guestions begs to be answered: What position does Frank take on a team that already has a DH. I love the Big Hurt, but it dopesn't make much sense to have him on the roster if he just sits on the bench taking up a spot just to pinch hit once in awhile.

Bring back Frank, DFA Betemit, use Frank as your backup utility infielder and be happy with the defensive improvement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Bring back Frank, DFA Betemit, use Frank as your backup utility infielder and be happy with the defensive improvement.

OK. I will put my stamp of approval on that arrangement