What politicians do you like? Or have you liked?

NorthSideSox72

We do a lot of bashing in here, often for good reason. So it got me thinking... what politicians, present or past, do you all actually like? I am not saying you think they are perfect, but, ones who you think are at least close to what you'd like to see?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like Ron Paul if he was more of a realist. He's a really honest guy.

I don't really mind most senators regardless of party, but most of the politicians I really hate are in the House. And most of the craziest ones are in districts where they have no chance of being defeated in an election, so they never go away but periodically remind you of how irritating they are. Kind of like herpes.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
I don't agree with everything he says, but i find Mike Huckabee to be one of the more likeable people in the political world.

Agreed, forgot to mention him.

I used to like Jesse Jackson Jr. until the whole Blago thing.

Sen. Paul Simon from the great State of Illinois. I was in a documentary class in college and he took time out of his busy schedule to do an interview with us. I wasn't there, but the people that interviewed him said he was incredibly nice and accommodating. And he seemed to have a lot of integrity. I also like Durbin for some reason.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kucinich.

I actually respect Kucinich because he doesn't sugar coat what he believes in, unlike the other 99% of the bulls*** politicians out there.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Sen. Paul Simon from the great State of Illinois. I was in a documentary class in college and he took time out of his busy schedule to do an interview with us. I wasn't there, but the people that interviewed him said he was incredibly nice and accommodating. And he seemed to have a lot of integrity.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

He made an appearance when I was in school about the time we were giving up the Panama Canal. Afterward, he spent about 15 minutes patiently explaining to a few people why that was a good thing. He may be the last of the honest beyond approach lawmaker.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
We do a lot of bashing in here, often for good reason. So it got me thinking... what politicians, present or past, do you all actually like? I am not saying you think they are perfect, but, ones who you think are at least close to what you'd like to see?

None! All of them need to find a real job to earn their bread.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Past? Theodore Roosevelt. My very favorite political figure. He was a bit before my time.

Harry Truman and the obvious Lincoln.

Interesting how little I know about the Congress/Senate before recent years.

Ronald Reagan, Abe Lincoln. Both Goldwaters. Dwight D. Eisenhower.

I also liked Silent Cal.

None of the current politicians really appeal to me. Ron Paul would be good if he wasn't so crazy. I like Peter Boulware (yes, the football player).

John Boccieri of Ohio's 15th District

Mike Signer, running for Lt. Gov. of Virginia right now.

i did a project on the former, and i know the latter. he's a good guy, and a reference on my resume. so i hope he wins.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:48 AM)
Paul Wellstone

Jennifer Granholm - was always very nice to me.

Jon Corzine - once complimented me on his beard (I in turn complimented him on his sweater vest)

Dick Lugar

Bernie Sanders

Jimmy Carter

Gerald Ford

Where is Barney? :lolhitting