Whitesox Frustration

rokimar

He was, and doing fine might I add, but now Wise is back.

This is the final test, if he has the flu and goes back to 95% starting in a few days, then fine. If he platoons with Wise for the rest of the season, its over for him. Its the one thing I can't stand about Ozzie: far too loyal and far too unforgiving for stupid s***.

I just can't understand the logic. How can you expect a guy who isn't a great hitter to begin with, to get his swing right when he only plays 50% of the f***ing time? And then when he does suck, say "well we gave him a shot and it didn't work out" No, you didn't give him a shot. You set him up for failure.

THANK YOU.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Extending Javy Vasquez and then failing to trade him for higher value.

Fail.

As for what is most frustrating, I will agree with others that it is our seemingly epic inability to hit pitchers we are facing for the first time

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:10 AM)
Fail.

As for what is most frustrating, I will agree with others that it is our seemingly epic inability to hit pitchers we are facing for the first time

Youre right how could I forget about all those clutch quality starts we got from him in must-win games. Then again he did have plenty of 10-12 strikeout performances and ate up a lot of innings when he was already down 5-0, so we must give him credit for something positive. While we thought we were getting a great value in the market, Javy was laughing all the way to the bank and searching for a desitnation to retire with his family. Vasquez was a more of a ME player than OCab and Big Hurt combined.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Youre right how could I forget about all those clutch quality starts we got from him in must-win games. Then again he did have plenty of 10-12 strikeout performances and ate up a lot of innings when he was already down 5-0, so we must give him credit for something positive. While we thought we were getting a great value in the market, Javy was laughing all the way to the bank and searching for a desitnation to retire with his family. Vasquez was a more of a ME player than OCab and Big Hurt combined.

When we signed him to the extension, it was market value, maybe even a little under so there was nothing wrong with the signing.

What's funny is you are agreeing he wasn't that great of a pitcher in his time here yet are still upset we didn't get more for him? Ok, that not making any sense aside, we received a pretty good package. Tyler Flowers has potential to be a stud and Gilmore has tremendous upside. We did very well in that deal.