The Great Brian Anderson Debacle

Steve9347

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
Fail.

You can want whatever you want, but its not going to happen. And Wise will be in AAA in a few days with BA starting everyday again and you will still be there pouting about something else.

You call wanting to see the best team on the field pouting? Okay. I'll take it, I guess.

And I know I'm probably one of the few who want Ozzie gone, and that's fine.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
My wanting Ozzie gone is more based on the passed 3 years of mis-managing. This is just the icing on the cake.

And how has Wise shown he's even a marginal player? He hasn't done anything. I don't care if its only been 29 ABs. Brian absolutely deserves to be playing over him. Now, if we had another person who could play CF and hit better than Brian, then I'd be 100% behind him starting. But we don't. Brian is our best possible CFer, period. That's the facts.

PAST 3 years of mismanaging huh? And who would you like as the replacement, please enlighten us oh wise baseball fan sitting at home on your couch.

BA hasnt played in 2 games, he's had the flu, Wise is only up for a short period of time=your posts are going to look pretty f-ing stupid at that point arent they?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:22 AM)
You call wanting to see the best team on the field pouting? Okay. I'll take it, I guess.

And I know I'm probably one of the few who want Ozzie gone, and that's fine.

Make a thread about Fields being on the field instead of Wilson Betemit last night and I'll believe thats the case.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
Fail.

You can want whatever you want, but its not going to happen. And Wise will be in AAA in a few days with BA starting everyday again and you will still be there pouting about something else.

I hope you are right - I hope TCQ returns soon and Wise is released. I'd rather have any number of our AAA and AA outfielders be next in line over Wise, because Wise has proven he can't play at this level. Some of the other guys haven't proven it yet, and their worst case is to be DeWayne Wise anyway, but with a chance to be better.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
I swear there should be a law against using small samples to support arguments.

How about... last year in a larger sample Wise hit righties better and Anderson hit lefties better?

Last year is also a small sample size. Brian already has almost 70% of the ABs v. righties that he did all of last year.

Dewayne Wise vs. righties in his major league career .641

Brian Anderson vs. righties in his major league career .673.

So take your sample size and blow it out your kazoo.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
I hope you are right - I hope TCQ returns soon and Wise is released. I'd rather have any number of our AAA and AA outfielders be next in line over Wise, because Wise has proven he can't play at this level. Some of the other guys haven't proven it yet, and their worst case is to be DeWayne Wise anyway, but with a chance to be better.

There isnt a "hope." When Quentin gets back, Wise is gone. And then all the crybabies on here will have to find something else to dwell on any time the team loses.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
I hope you are right - I hope TCQ returns soon and Wise is released. I'd rather have any number of our AAA and AA outfielders be next in line over Wise, because Wise has proven he can't play at this level.

It'll be Lillibridge.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Make a thread about Fields being on the field instead of Wilson Betemit last night and I'll believe thats the case.

Obviously you can't start Fields 162 games a year.. When Wilson Betemit gets 3 consecutive starts, I'll be pretty upset.

I can't believe people are so blind as to what will happen. CQ returns on 6/10, and Wise is likely DFA'd (even though it could end up being Betemit). Pods will become our starting CF, and Anderson will be our 4th outfielder. He'll play for CQ when he's hurt and give Pods a break once a week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
Since people are still saying that Anderson could resolve this by playing better...

Couldn't Wise also resolve this by playing better?

No. But Wise will resolve this...

By playing worse...

And getting DFA'd when Quentin returns.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
So if we lose tonight and BA is in the lineup, what will the next thread topic be? Trade for a starter? Clayton Richard is not a starting pitcher? Maybe Jenks blows a save and its Trade Bobby Now?

No. It all boils down to BA. By him not playing yesterday the team will be in a funk today even if he does play. All losses are attributed to BA not playing 162 games.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
So if we lose tonight and BA is in the lineup, what will the next thread topic be? Trade for a starter? Clayton Richard is not a starting pitcher? Maybe Jenks blows a save and its Trade Bobby Now?

Whatever happens, you can be sure of one thing...

It's Greg Walker's fault.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
No. But Wise will resolve this...

By playing worse...

And getting DFA'd when Quentin returns.

Dweezy can just play like he has his whole career and hopefully that will suffice for the DFA.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
I can't believe people are so blind as to what will happen. CQ returns on 6/10, and Wise is likely DFA'd (even though it could end up being Betemit). Pods will become our starting CF, and Anderson will be our 4th outfielder. He'll play for CQ when he's hurt and give Pods a break once a week.

I really, really hope this happens. Obviously, I don't like Pods in CF (nor really anywhere in the field), but we truly have no other leadoff options.

Let's face it, neither one of them are very good. It doesn't really matter who is out there. Any production out of either one should be considered icing on the cake. KW's main focus should be on obtaining a legit CF'er. You figure when Quentin comes back that Podsednik will split time with BA or may even be the main guy with BA being a late inning defensive replacement.

The thing i don't get is BA has had about 3 good weeks since 2006 and everybody loves him yet Fields has 3 bad weeks and everybody wants to run him out of town. Fields had a slump, 5 for 45, but otherwise has hit a very respectable .285. Many players better than Fields have had longer slumps. Anderson has had a 3 year slump and he supposed to be out there every day :huh .

I can't believe people are so blind as to what will happen. CQ returns on 6/10, and Wise is likely DFA'd (even though it could end up being Betemit).

I picture you walking around the Cell with protest signs that say "Free Wilson Betemit". LOL.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
The thing i don't get is BA has had about 3 good weeks since 2006 and everybody loves him yet Fields has 3 bad weeks and everybody wants to run him out of town. Fields had a slump, 5 for 45, but otherwise has hit a very respectable .285. Many players better than Fields have had longer slumps. Anderson has had a 3 year slump and he supposed to be out there every day :huh .

Welcome to Soxtalk. Just take a look at game threads and see a player that is be called to be DFA'd moved to idol status in 1 page.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)

Top 10 most likely threads to be started if we lose (where's Caulfield these days?):

1- We need to promote Bekhum

2- DFA Betemit and promote David Cook

3- Ramon Castro has nothing on Donald Lucy

4- Why can't we hit newcomers?

5- Jake Peavy would have won this game

6- Why do Farmer and DJ dislike each other?

7- What can we get for Linebrink at the deadline?

8- We need Lillibridge up for his hit and run ability

9- How much would Pedro Martinez cost?

10- Wise would have got a hit with the bases loaded

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
I picture you walking around the Cell with protest signs that say "Free Wilson Betemit". LOL.

Sadly, I had never seen him play defense. Someone in the Sox's scouting really, really f***ed up this deal, as Betemit was supposed to be a corner infielder back-up and can't play either position.

I am hoping the last three days were Wise last horrah. The sad thing is that Anderson goes back to 4th outfielder and never really gets the consistent string of AB's while Quentin was out.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Let's face it, neither one of them are very good. It doesn't really matter who is out there. Any production out of either one should be considered icing on the cake.

I'm sorry, but a .270 BA and a .350 OBP is fairly decent for a 7/8/9 hitter in BA (especially when it comes with excellent defense). BA beats Wise in both fielding and batting.

If we're going to DFA Wise, why is he playing? We know when Quentin will be back, Pods is already in the lineup so at least we have "speed", and Anderson can at least play good defense in CF. Why even give a player who won't be on your roster in a week at-bats?

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
If we're going to DFA Wise, why is he playing?

If Anderson's sick it makes sense.

But the real answer to your question is that Wise is the starter and you don't lose your starting job for injury, so Wise is going to remain the starter.

And he's not getting DFA'd. Just watch.