Sox vs. Athletics - 7:11PM on WCIU

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
The difference in tonight's game is that the A's are crushing every bad pitch made, and we're not getting hits on the numerous bad pitches made by Outman. We're going to see some nasty relievers tonight from the A's with Bailey, Wuertz, etc.

Well, that and the fact Clayton couldnt get anything over the plate other than his straight fastball which every player in the majors can hit.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
So I cut my ear a bit with my razor earlier, it's been bleeding for over 90 minutes. Not bad, but it won't stop. Any suggestions?

Stiptic from walgreens or put some salt on it.

My god. We get a break in the schedule and are down through half this game. If we lose this game, that is disgraceful to drop 2 of 3 to the A's at home. Get your head out, white Sox and win this game.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
So I cut my ear a bit with my razor earlier, it's been bleeding for over 90 minutes. Not bad, but it won't stop. Any suggestions?

done that before, keep pressure on it for as long as you can, is pretty much all you can do

preferably with an icecube

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
He's been pretty good as a leadoff man for us.

.276 .337 6BB 7k

Such hot stats.

And for his 'throwing out runners'...he has 3 assists, but lest we forget the most he has ever had over any season in his illustrious career is 5. FIVE. And 2 errors already in his short 2009 Sox tour of duty.

I'm not suggesting we have anyone better to put out there, but lets call a spade a spade. On any other team in the major leagues, Scott f***ing Podsednik would not even sniff Centerfield.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 01:37 AM)

Evander Holyfield's at the Braves/Cubs game, so why don't you call him?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:38 PM)
My god. We get a break in the schedule and are down through half this game. If we lose this game, that is disgraceful to drop 2 of 3 to the A's at home. Get your head out, white Sox and win this game.

Dude it's a 2-run game in the 6th, settle down

Check out the new DeWayne Wise defense article on ChiSox.com. Apparently Ozzie thinks that Wise will get better the more he hits, so I'd be prepared for him playing a lot, even if he doesn't hit.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:42 PM)
Check out the new DeWayne Wise defense article on ChiSox.com. Apparently Ozzie thinks that Wise will get better the more he hits, so I'd be prepared for him playing a lot, even if he doesn't hit.

I was just reading that.

Wow.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)

Some pretty stupid quotes in that one, including saying Wise faced Greinke and we still won.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
done that before, keep pressure on it for as long as you can, is pretty much all you can do

preferably with an icecube

Awesome, I'll try that. Thanks.

Oh, and this ump is AWFUL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
You have to worry that our production against newcomers has become a mental thing.

Only for the last 2 decades. The Sox have been like this against new pitchers since the 80's.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Ozzie's going to have to find a way to get Beckham into the lineup. With our offense struggling, it would be great to add him and then CQ in a week.

Why do I get the feeling that Ozzie will find a way to bench Beckham to get Wise at-bats?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:16 AM)
Why do I get the feeling that Ozzie will find a way to bench Beckham to get Wise at-bats?

Ozzie's already gone out of his way to tell the fans not to get too excited about Beckham. I'm sure you're right.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Ozzie's already gone out of his way to tell the fans not to get too excited about Beckham. I'm sure you're right.

I don’t want, nor do I think, that Ozzie will fired, but his slavish devotion to Wise is nearing an fireable offense.