Sox vs. Athletics - 7:11PM on WCIU

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
I don’t want, nor do I think, that Ozzie will fired, but his slavish devotion to Wise is nearing an fireable offense.

It's not slavish just yet...it's only been a few games, thanks to Wise's injury. Couple more weeks and we can legitimately use that word.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
It's not slavish just yet...it's only been a few games, thanks to Wise's injury. Couple more weeks and we can legitimately use that word.

This article really set me off. You can not have your manager defending a guy whose hitting .179 like that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:23 AM)
This article really set me off. You can not have your manager defending a guy whose hitting .179 like that.

Why not? Ozzie's a player's manager, so he's going to stick up for members of his roster.

Pods looked like a torpedo flying up the line there. He's hitting every ball hard too. What's the deal with Wise being out of options? Does this force us to keep him, and send BA down? I wouldn't mind someone else pickin up Wise.

BA is our boy now, I hope he is on this team for years to come.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
Why not? Ozzie's a player's manager, so he's going to stick up for members of his roster.

I think this is the key. Ozzie sticks up for his players and gives them every chance to produce or fail. Sometimes to a fault. I also think it helps more than it hurts. Wise will be gone once Ozzie thinks he has had a fair shot after coming back from his injury.

Contrary to what many think on the board, Ozzie doesn't want to lose while giving favorites chances. As long as you are professinal inyour approach to the game and work your tail off he'' give you chances. Where BA went wrong a few years ago is that not only did he not produce but by his own admission, he didn't take it serious enough.

JMHO

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
Pods looked like a torpedo flying up the line there. He's hitting every ball hard too. What's the deal with Wise being out of options? Does this force us to keep him, and send BA down? I wouldn't mind someone else pickin up Wise.

Last year Wise got DFA'd, not claimed, and then accepted assignment to Charlotte.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)

Gross...if KW doesn't find someone better to play CF in the years to come, both KW and BA need to be gone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
Gross...if KW doesn't find someone better to play CF in the years to come, both KW and BA need to be gone.

Can we at least give Anderson 1 chance to be the regular, every day starter before we say that? Please? Just once?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)
Can we at least give Anderson 1 chance to be the regular, every day starter before we say that? Please? Just once?

if you really only want 1, then he got that in 06. if you want one more then im all for it

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
if you really only want 1, then he got that in 06. if you want one more then im all for it

Anderson was a platoon player from day 2 of the season in 2006. Rob Mackowiak started against the RHP on day 2 of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:32 AM)

It's never going to happen. If it didn't happen this year, it never will.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
It's never going to happen. If it didn't happen this year, it never will.

What are the odds that next year D2: the might Danks and Gordon Beckham will be treated as platoon players?