The End of Murph

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a regular listener to all sports talk radio cause I just love it. This is going to make for great listening all day for me. Mac for the whole afternoon then B and B and the Saloon when B and B gets on my nerves (which happens quite frequently).

Murph,it isnt as much the fact that I think your show was awful that makes me happy your gone but its the fact that I think you are one of the true jagoffs in radio and now you don't have a show anymore .

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
I feel bad for Holmes. His sidekick dragged him down, he was making a lot of progress with his ME show, then he got his daytime slot with Hampton

Completely agree but I think Holmes is not one that is going to fade away at the Score. They will find some way for him to get on the air. He will get his moment to shine again I am sure of that.

danny mac by himself for that long doesn't seem wise if you ask me....

murph was unlistenable at times and was by far a huge dork who schtick got old after like 30 seconds....however I will say there were times when he had good baseball convo .....talked alot about +/- fielding with John Dewan, etc....too bad he was a horrible cubs homer and was brutal with eveyr other sport

Looks like the Score peaks in the morning with Mully and Hanley...though now that hour overlap they had with Waddle and Silvy is gone...which is nice

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
I feel bad for Holmes. His sidekick dragged him down, he was making a lot of progress with his ME show, then he got his daytime slot with Hampton

ME and Z was so good...i really really like Zaidman.....for football theres nobody better, and hes adequate with baseball

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
ME and Z was so good...i really really like Zaidman.....for football theres nobody better, and hes adequate with baseball

I have grown to loathe Zaidman unfortunately. He is kind of a blend now between Marv Albert and Bill Walton in his delivery, and plus he is a huge Cubs homer that has really been bashing the White Sox recently, so I have added a little extra hate in him for that :)

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Another website out there is speculating that Murphy may still do the evenings and weekends.

the way Boers was talking about him it sounded as if he was gone but Boers has never been afraid to talk s*** about him randomly anyways so maybe that means nothing.

I bet Murph goes to the Webio. I never heard one person say that they listen to that s***. Not one.

Murph being gone is awesome, but Law Holmes gets the raw deal because his show for the brief period when Hampton's idiot-ass wasn't on it was very good.

Not that it matters... I had the dial tuned to ESPN 1000 ever since Waddle and Silvy came on, and going 9-1 it didn't matter.

Found this in the Chicago Tribune:

The hiring of McNeil, who faced several suspensions at WMVP, dislodges the previous 10 a.m. to noon "Hampton & Holmes" show that featured Bears Hall of Famer Dan Hampton and Laurence Holmes. Also displaced is noon to 2 p.m. host Mike Murphy.

"Laurence Holmes is still going to be involved with the radio station, talking different 'day' parts. And Hamp is going to be involved in more of a football and Bears role," said Mitch Rosen, WSCR-AM program director.

"We've offered Murph an opportunity to do something on talk at night and other day parts. He and I will communicate more about it. That's how everything shakes out."

Murphy, the consummate Cubs fan, is a Score original.

"Murph was one of the first people on the air and I know how important he is to the station," said Rosen. "I truly hope he stays around and is on the air with us for a while to come. I love the guy."