Gordon Beckham Called Up

flavum

Hey SoxFan1, you go to GVSU? If you're gonna be there for the next couple of years, watch out for a RB/WR/KR/PR on the football team, Billy Seiler. Not the biggest guy, but he's fast as hell, extremely strong for his size, and no one works harder than him. He'll make an impact for the Lakers.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:12 PM)
It's fun to look ahead. There are actually young guys to look forward to now with Danks and Beckham and Getz and Allen and Flowers and on and on.

I agree, but my predictions never come through.

Those lineups call for a pretty quiet offseason, I bet Kenny will be active.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:13 PM)
Hey SoxFan1, you go to GVSU? If you're gonna be there for the next couple of years, watch out for a RB/WR/KR/PR on the football team, Billy Seiler. Not the biggest guy, but he's fast as hell, extremely strong for his size, and no one works harder than him. He'll make an impact for the Lakers.

Ya, I go to GVSU. I've heard about Seiler. He'll have a very hard time getting playing time here though. Our returning RB is a stud going into his junior season and we also got a legit freshman coming in who will likely be backing him up. I'll definitely keep an eye out for Seiler though. They have him listed as a RB. He'll probably red-shirt this year.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:14 PM)
I agree, but my predictions never come through.

Those lineups call for a pretty quiet offseason, I bet Kenny will be active.

Signing Holliday wouldn't be a quiet offseason. My 2010 lineup:

1. Figgins, 3B

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Quentin, RF

4. Holliday, LF

5. Thome, DH

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Beckham, 2B

9. Danks, CF

Let the young guys develop low in the order first.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
He did make a change in his swing in the Arizona Fall League. If that was on his own or someone from the White Sox idea, I have no clue, but after he made the adjustment scouts who were lukewarm on him, and there were several, all changed to can't miss.

what change might this be??

I'm really holding out hope that Gordo can be the future 2B or SS. I'm gonna pray Fields figures it out (been swinging the bat alot better but still) Gordo has superstar written all over him at those positions/mutiple all-star and his value certainly is crazy high at those positions say 6+ years down the line if the sox wanna get high raw value outta him if they draft another future stud (not saying it's gonna happen, or jump the gun, but you get the m.o.) Gonna be an interesting year (esp. minor league wise) to say the least and an interesting draft as well.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:19 AM)
I'm really holding out hope that Gordo can be the future 2B or SS. I'm gonna pray Fields figures it out (been swinging the bat alot better but still) Gordo has superstar written all over him at those positions/mutiple all-star and his value certainly is crazy high at those positions say 6+ years down the line if the sox wanna get high raw value outta him if they draft another future stud (not saying it's gonna happen, or jump the gun, but you get the m.o.) Gonna be an interesting year (esp. minor league wise) to say the least and an interesting draft as well.

We're on the same page with our desire to see Beckham playing 2B or SS

I mean it's very obvious from a star standpoint, buisness standpoint, marketing standpoint, (fantasy standpoint for our fantasy guys out there :P) etc..

Interesting to hear they want to basically make Fields a back-up corner infielder. I'd be ok with him if he ends up being a 1b/3b reserve who can mash lefties (assuming he regains this ability). It's better than nothing, especially if Allen eventually is our 1b.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:21 AM)
I mean it's very obvious from a star standpoint, buisness standpoint, marketing standpoint, (fantasy standpoint for our fantasy guys out there :P ) etc..

Wait for BearSox's comment about Michael Young.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:17 PM)
Ya, I go to GVSU. I've heard about Seiler. He'll have a very hard time getting playing time here though. Our returning RB is a stud going into his junior season and we also got a legit freshman coming in who will likely be backing him up. I'll definitely keep an eye out for Seiler though. They have him listed as a RB. He'll probably red-shirt this year.

Yeah, he'll likely redshirt and the earliest he'll make an impact in the run game is his sophomore season, but he could contribute in the return game and on special teams. He's a football player, tough as nails (although I have some funny stories about him during games).

If the other RB you're talking about is a power runner, that'll be perfect for you guys, cause Seiler's knickname is "Slick" for a reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:20 PM)

He's not a natural 3B, and his bat skills are much more of a premium at those two positions. I love Getz as much as the next guy, but I always had him pegged as our bench infielder, a nice speedy lefty who wouldn't hurt you much when you start him. Like you guys said, ideally, Fields figures it out.

Interesting to hear they want to basically make Fields a back-up corner infielder. I'd be ok with him if he ends up being a 1b/3b reserve who can mash lefties (assuming he regains this ability). It's better than nothing, especially if Allen eventually is our 1b.

Ya it is very interesting. Depends really how Allen develops as a 1B. If they are gonna work with Fields at 1B, then Konerko can move to the DH spot (or vise versa with Fields) Josh is certain athletic enough. Then you got Allen who could be either a 1B for a long time, or the DH maybe to start him off before Konerko hits FA, or DH for a long time. I'm tired of hearing about Holliday as well, unless the sox think they can put him at RF (they are NOT moving Quentin to RF, that's obvious as they coulda done that this year when JD went down instead of trotting Pods out there) or if he hires a new agent. (isn't Boras his agent?)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)

So how big of a disappointment was Betemit? Turns out I was dead wrong about one thing; he really can't field at all.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:26 AM)
Ya it is very interesting. Depends really how Allen develops as a 1B. If they are gonna work with Fields at 1B, then Konerko can move to the DH spot (or vise versa with Fields) Josh is certain athletic enough. Then you got Allen who could be either a 1B for a long time, or the DH maybe to start him off before Konerko hits FA, or DH for a long time. I'm tired of hearing about Holliday as well, unless the sox think they can put him at RF (they are NOT moving Quentin to RF, that's obvious as they coulda done that this year when JD went down instead of trotting Pods out there) or if he hires a new agent. (isn't Boras his agent?)

Ya, Holliday isn't coming here. He's with Boras and wants to go to the Yanks, Mets, or Boston

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:27 AM)
So how big of a disappointment was Betemit? Turns out I was dead wrong about one thing; he really can't field at all.

Awful...that Swisher trade is quite the debacle. Like I said, our scouting was way off on Betemit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
For the hell of it, here's my projected Sox lineup for next year:

8- Pierre

5- Beckham

7- Quentin

DH- Thome

3- Konerko

9- Abreu

6- Ramirez

2- AJP

4- Getz

10 million in 2010 and 8.5 in 2011 for Pierre? I don't see that happening.