Chicago Slayer vs. Oakland Athletic 6/4 Thread-1:05pm-CSN

Brian

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
K. Farmer seems to think the pitcher is working us over pretty well, and I'd tend to agree, based on Beckham's performance.

My money is on the following lines tomorrow: "He had movement on his ball." "He kept us off balance." "He is a good pitcher." "WE HAVEN'T SEEN HIM BEFORE."

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Why are they leaving Dotel out there, especially pitching for a second night in a row? Get Whisler some more work or something.

Why was Dotel even brought in the last two days? Complete waste of innings. Linebrink was warming up last night as well.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Why was Dotel even brought in the last two days? Complete waste of innings. Linebrink was warming up last night as well.

Believe it or not 4 runs was not impossible to overcome.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Can we get rid of Kenny and hire someone from the Twins organization. I could only imagine what they could do with a sizable payroll to work with.

Twins general manager Bill Smith, on Livan Hernandez, who improved to 10-6 with a 5.29 earned-run average with Saturday's victory over Texas: "I'll take the (10) wins. Who do you want, a guy who's 10-15 with a 2.80 ERA or a guy who's 16-8 with a 7.00 ERA? I'll take the 16-8."

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
Well, its painfully obvious that if you want to beat the Sox, just throw some no-name scrub out there. Guaranteed victory. The higher the ERA, the more likely he is to win.

And we were looking so good until the last three games and we ran into this buzz saw that are the A's. Two shutouts. Pathetic display again and if this is what we continue to experience from this group it ain't gonna be fun. I just don't want to give up hope that all of a sudden they start to click adn we take off

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
Can we get rid of Kenny and hire someone from the Twins organization. I could only imagine what they could do with a sizable payroll to work with.

Yeah, those last few deals the Twins have made have just been awesome. Carlos Gomez and Delmon Young would fit right in on this team.

Who the f*** would want to pay there hard earned money to see this in person? This is beyond pathetic for a MLB team what % of there losses have been shutouts in 2009? KW needs to take some heat because there is no team close to being shutout this many times even in the NL! :gosox2: