Summer of '09 television thread

juddling

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just finished the first season of Dexter (that I bought on blu ray...f*** you steve) and it is just an amazing show. Great cast of characters and different stories within the stories make it so addictive. I have to go get the second season asap.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)
Pretty excited. I just started watching Psych at the beginning of Season 3, so I bought Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and am 5 episodes in to Season 2 so far. Almost completely caught up.

I've re-watched it from the beginning, took me a month to watch all three seasons(season 3 just came out on the 21st)

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 29, 2009 -> 06:22 PM)
I have just finished the first season of Dexter (that I bought on blu ray...f*** you steve) and it is just an amazing show. Great cast of characters and different stories within the stories make it so addictive. I have to go get the second season asap.

Season two is even better... then season three will make you s***.

And f*** you too! :D

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 08:37 PM)
Anyone watch Mad Men? I just started watching it, about mid way through the first season, and it really is a great show.

Thinking about it. My brother, sister, and brother-in-law all watch it and say it's great. I almost bought the 1st season last week, but I have so much to catch up on (in the way of TV shows), I figured I'd hold off for now. But, glad to hear another good opinion on it.

I've been watching Arrested Development recently. I'm 13 episodes in to Season 1, and it's hilarious.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it was pretty obvious at the end of last season that the Japanese whalers had one upped Watson and crew.

In the last episode I wondered why they didnt put one of the zodiacs in the water to try and get in front of the harpoon ships to stop them.

Im also surprised that with all of the publicity the show has been getting that the Japanese are still able to whale.

The Sea Shepard and it's 2 speed boats are just an annoying gnat to the Japanese whaling fleet

I agree, but at the same time they could be more successful using some common sense in what they are doing. Instead of just "screwing around" with the Japanese to mess with them, they should wait till they are actually hunting whales and then try and stop them.

If the Paul Watson had a prop fouler and used it when the Japanese were actually going after a whale, it may save that whale.

Their tactics resemble vandals and people who are just trying to create mischief.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
I agree, but at the same time they could be more successful using some common sense in what they are doing. Instead of just "screwing around" with the Japanese to mess with them, they should wait till they are actually hunting whales and then try and stop them.

If the Paul Watson had a prop fouler and used it when the Japanese were actually going after a whale, it may save that whale.

Their tactics resemble vandals and people who are just trying to create mischief.

I fully agree. I get angry watching most episodes. For being out there for 30 years they look completely unprepared and clueless half the time.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
Mad Men is phenomenal, I've been watching it for years. Anyone who doesn't watch needs to catch up.

My name is Peggy Olson and I want to smoke some Marijuana!

This weeks episode was amazing. It's the only show I feel stress to not watch when it first premieres.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 8, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
F*CK YEAH

For the hell of it, I looked up the show on Wikipedia a few minutes ago. It turns out they've made a page for each character on the show. From my own experience of looking up shows on that site, only the most popular and long-running shows get pages for each character. This is a good sign.