BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU

What are people expecting? We have a pretty weak lineup to start with, and we're missing our best overall hitter in Dye and a very dangerous hitter in Quentin. As my buddy Dick Allen says on here all the time, KW's failure to get a CF this offseason is coming back to haunt him.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
He sucks. I think it's time us BA supporters realize that. He needs to go to a different team, and I HOPE Pods is our starting CF come June 10th.

Does this mean the BA as underutilized Torii Hunter clone victimized by Ozzie vendetta can officially be put to bed now?

LOL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)
What are people expecting? We have a pretty weak lineup to start with, and we're missing our best overall hitter in Dye and a very dangerous hitter in Quentin. As my buddy Dick Allen says on here all the time, KW's failure to get a CF this offseason is coming back to haunt him.

Well I would at least like to see a team who actually f***ing tries night in and night out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:22 PM)

here's the kicker - go through ANY lineup in the game, and they've all got a weak spot or two. Not having a CF is NOT what's keeping us from being competitive. What it is, is a complete lack of fundamentals at the plate. THAT'S IT.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
Does this mean the BA as underutilized Torii Hunter clone victimized by Ozzie vendetta can officially be put to bed now?

His swing is just so ugly. Anderson and Fields are two prime examples of why Greg Walker is not a good hitting coach.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
here's the kicker - go through ANY lineup in the game, and they've all got a weak spot or two. Not having a CF is NOT what's keeping us from being competitive. What it is, is a complete lack of fundamentals at the plate. THAT'S IT.

I don't believe it. We have such a good hitting coach. No way.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)

LOL.

yeah cuz that comparison has been made so much.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:24 AM)

It's just a poorly constructed lineup. You have the slow bashers in the middle followed up by singles hitters. That means you're going to need 3 hits to score a run if the middle of the lineup doesn't homer. Vafan had a great post about our lack of power at certain positions this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
It's just a poorly constructed lineup. You have the slow bashers in the middle followed up by singles hitters. That means you're going to need 3 hits to score a run if the middle of the lineup doesn't homer. Vafan had a great post about our lack of power at certain positions this year.

very true, so it falls on two people, and two people only, in my eyes. Greg Walker primarily, followed closely by Ozzie and his f***ing terrible lineup management.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:27 AM)
very true, so it falls on two people, and two people only, in my eyes. Greg Walker primarily, followed closely by Ozzie and his f***ing terrible lineup management.

It falls on KW. It sure would be nice at times like this if we could have acquired something useful for Swisher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:24 PM)
His swing is just so ugly. Anderson and Fields are two prime examples of why Greg Walker is not a good hitting coach.

Or you can look at the 8 shutouts this year and once again say that he's a s***ty hitting coach.

And I'm sick and tired when people say that when we hit well, Walker doesn't get any praise. Really? Because when this team hits well, it hits to its talent level. When the entire team hits like s***, somebody's gotta be the problem. This team is talented offensively. Always has been. Even now, we have some good offensive players on this team in Ramirez, Thome, Konerko, and Dye. They can get it done. As long as 2-3 guys are getting it done in a lineup, this team can survive. The thing is, they're not even doing that right now.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Well at least Beckham's first hit is going to be a homer right here.

no, because he's first pitch swinging like EVERY f***ING ONE ELSE.