6/5 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
If we go into fire sale mode then ya, I'm sure we see Danks this season. I can't wait to see Danks play personally, combine his outstanding numbers so far with the talent that I've read he has(still never seen him play) and that's just an exciting prospect.

Trust me when I say, we as Sox fans will be really excited about him. He's a phenomenal athlete and it'll be good to have those type of guys on the Southside after seeing some of these slower plodding teams. At least for the big time baseball fan in me, the guy that prefers, pitching, defense, speed, hitting for average, and stolen bases as opposed to sitting back and waiting for a 3 run hr. The beauty is these guys also have solid power potential.

Oh and Viciedo is adjusting incredibly quickly. The guy is the real deal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
At least for the big time baseball fan in me, the guy that prefers, pitching, defense, speed, hitting for average, and stolen bases as opposed to sitting back and waiting for a 3 run hr.

Ya, you know I'm the same way in that respect. I'm looking forward to seeing all these guys very soon. Being in Carbondale all year, I just haven't seen these guys play as much as I did when I was still living in Chicago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:15 AM)
This organization has completely lost it if Flowers or Viciedo are anywhere near the bigs this season. I could see Allen up at some point.

It depends on how bad a position we are in by the break. I don’t see a problem with the team letting the kids get their feet wet, if anything it’ll put us in a better position to compete the very next year.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
It depends on how bad a position we are in by the break. I don’t see a problem with the team letting the kids get their feet wet, if anything it’ll put us in a better position to compete the very next year.

If the organization finally waves the white flag and goes full-blown rebuilding mode (something that I wouldn't be totally against), then I wouldn't mind seeing some of the kids up. You can't go half-assed about it. We might have to go through a couple down years to get to where we ultimately want to be. Kenny is always talking about "sustained" runs of success. Well it's hard to do that when your farm has produced next to nothing for over a decade. It's clear that will never be a real factor when it comes to big free agents. So we have to get the farm in order.

Edited by Jordan4life

I would love to see Flowers and his .920 OPS and .440 OBP up with the Sox very soon, but I don't know where AJ is going to go. The only team I noticed right off the bat that might want AJ would be Milwaukee because of Jason Kendall's struggles.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:20 AM)
I would love to see Flowers and his .920 OPS and .440 OBP up with the Sox very soon, but I don't know where AJ is going to go. The only team I noticed right off the bat that might want AJ would be Milwaukee because of Jason Kendall's struggles.

I could see the Mets, Milwaukee, Rays and Rangers all interested in Aj

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Apparently Buddy Bell commented yesterday that he's ready for the majors. So I think we see him this year, but that of course is because I see some massive changes going on in Chicago this season. I also think we might end up seeing all of the Bham guys shortly (Flowers/Allen/Viciedo).

They will bring excitment to the ticket sales and the fan base. This team will not win the championship with the players we have now. Let the young dudes play and get their feet wet agaisnt the Halladays, Greinkes, Sabathias of these world.

Don't know how to look farther except going back to every box score, which I am too lazy to do, but Dayan has at least a 10-game hitting streak going on. As good as he is hitting right now, he still is clearly not ready for the majors because of the K rate and BB rate. Just for comparison sake on, as a 20-year-old Miggy C. was also in AA, but he hit: .365 average, 10 HRs, 59 RBIs, 31 BB and 49 Ks in 266 ABs. Cabrera had a very good walk rate for a 20-year-old, so his high Ks were not as much as a concern. So before Dayan, IMO, can be considered ML-ready, he needs a big improvement in that walk rate. Also interesting to note, though, Miggy C.'s breakthrough season (the aforementioned one in AA) was his fourth minor league season. All things considered, Dayan is having a great year for first time American baseball, being very young in a tough league with a ballpark that really suppresses power, but he should not be in the conversations for the majors until next year at this time at the very least.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
They will bring excitment to the ticket sales and the fan base. This team will not win the championship with the players we have now. Let the young dudes play and get their feet wet agaisnt the Halladays, Greinkes, Sabathias of these world.

I am all for that, but with all the guys except Dayan. See my post above. If we go young for next year and thus cheap many places, you can add two impact FAs to the O and pitching staff.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 03:48 AM)
Why would the Rangers want AJ? They traded one catcher this off-season and have 3 more that could be starters on a lot of teams.

Speaking of Texas and catchers... if we keep sucking and decide to do a re-tooling, and decide to move Dye, Texas could be interested... I'd love to get Salty or Teagarden (preferably Salty) in return.

as much as many people would want to see a youth movement this year in the majors, it would just completely go against KWs MO to do that if the Sox are anywhere near contention. I think he would go the opposite way and try to add a veteran using the farm system.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
as much as many people would want to see a youth movement this year in the majors, it would just completely go against KWs MO to do that if the Sox are anywhere near contention. I think he would go the opposite way and try to add a veteran using the farm system.

No doubt about it. We'd have to be 10 games or more out for Kenny to even think about 'blowing it up.' Kenny's biggest strength is also his biggest weakness, IMO. He's ego would never allow him to go full rebuild.