6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
can you blame ozzie? nothing he can do about situation with the way this team has been playing.

When something remarkable like a .650 OPS at the Cell is the reason for the way this team has been playing, then Ozzie needs to do something, because that's a mental thing.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any manager forced to use a starting line-up of Scott Podsednik, Brian Anderson and Jayson Nix would be driven to drink, clearly.

What starting outfield have you seen in a boxscore WORSE than that one in recent weeks? I can't think of any of the top of my head.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
What starting outfield have you seen in a boxscore WORSE than that one in recent weeks? I can't think of any of the top of my head.

Have you looked at any of the NL team lineups?

ozzie can only do so much with the hitters.. You can look at video, see research, try pump them up by bringing up likes of beckham energize ball park and what not. I really dont know what you can do with team like that.

There's danger here, Sheree.

Why did we treat Peralta like he's Babe Ruth there? Kind of silly. But somehow Gavin got out of it.

The bullpens, thankfully our biggest advantage, will decide this one. Knock on (Kerry) Wood.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:28 PM)
ozzie can only do so much with the hitters.. You can look at video, see research, try pump them up by bringing up likes of beckham energize ball park and what not. I really dont know what you can do with team like that.

How about a hit-and-run with Getz on 1st and a pull-happy hitter up to the plate?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
Fields was 13 for his last 35 before the June 4th game.

Dye is 6/21 in his last 7 days and hit .261 in May.

I'll stand by my argument.

Over the last 15 games:

Dye: .302/.380/.651/1.031

AJP: .400/.438/.556/.994

Ramirez: .328/.371/.431/.802

Podsednik: .317/.369/.417/.786

Fields: .317/.349/.390/.739

so, uh, how is Josh our best hitter?

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)

At this point, it's quite literally something mental. There's no other way around it. This team is one of the better hitting teams in baseball on the road, but they're not hitting at all in the Cell. There's no way that's anything other than something in their heads. If I told you the Rockies were hitting 120 points of OPS better on the road than at home, you'd smack me silly.