6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
well this mental thing been going on for two season as far as I seen. Yes, w sox caught fire last year during june. But, runners in scoring poisition hasn't changed.

In 2008 the White Sox hit .277 with RISP, good for 8th in MLB. Their OPS with RISP was 5th in MLB.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
Any manager forced to use a starting line-up of Scott Podsednik, Brian Anderson and Jayson Nix would be driven to drink, clearly.

What starting outfield have you seen in a boxscore WORSE than that one in recent weeks? I can't think of any of the top of my head.

How about Podsednik, Anderson, and Wise?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Tim McCarver just lost all credibility saying Thomas is not going to be in the HOF. Ridiculous. Best offensive player in the majors from 1990-1997.

i thought he said Thomas would but edgar martinez wouldn't ....i wasnt listening that closely though so you may be right

Ugh...Nix is one of the biggest pull hitters I've ever seen. He has a good, short swing, but it results in a lot of fly balls to left/left center instead of rockets to the right center gap.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Ugh...Nix is one of the biggest pull hitters I've ever seen. He has a good, short swing, but it results in a lot of fly balls to left/left center instead of rockets to the right center gap.

Well he's on the right team.