6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
This is frustrating. If I root for Fields to do well, it's like I am rooting against Beckham. But if I root against Fields, it's like I am rooting against the Sox.

a dilemma for sure I know how you feel

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)
This is frustrating. If I root for Fields to do well, it's like I am rooting against Beckham. But if I root against Fields, it's like I am rooting against the Sox.

There's going to be an opening at 2nd base. Getz's OPS is on its way to below .600

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
Sowers is just a terrible, terrible pitcher. Anderson got a great pitch to hit, but once again, tried too hard to pull the ball.

It's amazing what happens when you start to use the whole field. The best hitters in baseball, usually, are the ones who have the ability to spray the ball all across the diamond. Most of our hitters fail to realize this principle, especially Anderson, who is so pull conscious.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Jeremy Sowers is a good young pitcher guys. He's got a ton of potential. It's really not surprising we can't hit him. He's gonna have a great career.

I lol'ed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Getz just shouldn't be playing today. I can't believe he wasn't benched after yesterday.

Getz is the only young player Ozzie likes because he's the definition of a grinder. A player with limited tools, but gives it his all (except for that dropped DP ball yesterday and his happy little trot to retrieve the ball).