6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
While you can blame a large part of that on mindset, are you going to tell me that the hitting coach escapes all blame?

And if he does escape all blame, that makes him expendable. So I'm lost as to why people call out those who want Walker fired.

No one seems to think Walker has done a good job, not even his defenders.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
He doesn't hold enough blame to lose his job because minor league "Studs" Brian Anderson and Josh Fields, can't get it done at the big league level

How many teams do you think would trade for Brian or Josh? Yeah

Why shouldn’t he take blame for two great minor leaguers failing to carry their success into the majors? Didn’t you just argue that he deserves credit for Q and Konerko?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
i actually feel sorry for Whisler. Do other teams call up starters and put them in the pen like the Sox do?

Don't feel sorry for him. He's pitching in the Show, and unless he was in Washington or something, he'd top out at AAA.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Why shouldn’t he take blame for two great minor leaguers failing to carry their success into the majors? Didn’t you just argue that he deserves credit for Q and Konerko?

Konerko has said on many occassions Walker fixed him. But don't listen to him, just your own very wrong opinion. And if every failure can be blamed on Walker, why wouldn't a guy who was acquired for an A ball first baseman and was almost a MVP not be a feather in his cap?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Konerko has said on many occassions Walker fixed him. But don't listen to him, just your own very wrong opinion. And if every failure can be blamed on Walker, why wouldn't a guy who was acquired for an A ball first baseman and was almost a MVP not be a feather in his cap?

Why wouldn't Fields and BA, two highly touted first rounds picks be a sign of failure?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)

Hell no, I didn't argue it was his due that Q and Konerko are good hitters, I was saying Quentin had primo-talent before coming here, I never said anything about Konerko

Hitting coaches, I don't care which team they're coaching for, don't turn .240 hitters into .280 or .290 hitters

If a guy is a bad hitter, and the fans (you) are expecting Walker to turn him into a good hitter, it's not going to happen, it's not happening on ANY baseball team for that matter

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)

Walt Hriniak was fired and he was Frank Thomas' personal hitting coach. Performance talks, bulls*** walks

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Why wouldn't Fields and BA, two highly touted first rounds picks be a sign of failure?

Fields was a strikeout machine in the minor leagues. You only think he's a star because he hit more homers than he ever had before in the majors in 2007. He's not that good.

And Willie Harris, .262,.256 with the Sox in a limited role. .176,.270,.251,.259 since. Wow, getting out of Walker's grasp has allowed him to take off.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
Fields was a strikeout machine in the minor leagues. You only think he's a star because he hit more homers than he ever had before in the majors in 2007. He's not that good.

And Willie Harris, .262,.256 with the Sox in a limited role. .176,.270,.251,.259 since. Wow, getting out of Walker's grasp has allowed him to take off.

I'm starting to learn how Chris Rongey feels after a loss

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
We could make quite the killing selling off our bullpen.

Indeed. The question would be, do we trade Thornton or Jenks? Those two guys could bring in a s*** ton of talent.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Walt Hriniak was fired and he was Frank Thomas' personal hitting coach. Performance talks, bulls*** walks

Walt was fired because of his ornery personality. He didn't mix well with the White Sox young players. Walker isn't like that. Hriniak never was hired by other team.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
I'm starting to learn how Chris Rongey feels after a loss

It is amazing how many people really think the Sox would have a .350 team batting average and score 12 runs a game if they had a different hitting coach. They need to look at the players. That's on KW.