6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:13 PM)
Very much so. But Walker clearly isn't getting through to them either. So what's the point of having him around?

Terrible arguement there

You're either wanting him fired for the production of the players, or you're not

You don't get to shift to another arguement of "Well, he should be gone if we're paying him to do nothing"

The only time a fan should want someone fired is if they're hurting the production of the ballclub, not because they're cashing checks for doing nothing

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:15 PM)
Why did I get my hopes up with a White Sox offensive player coming in and producing right away?

You really have to wonder about our strength and conditioning program in the minors. All of our guys come up looking like midgets. I know we don't preach PEDs like other organizations might be, but it's still pretty glaring.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
Why did I get my hopes up with a White Sox offensive player coming in and producing right away?

That's why I hope if Jordan Danks is in the plan for Opening day next year, they get him up in August or so.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Terrible arguement there

You're either wanting him fired for the production of the players, or you're not

You don't get to shift to another arguement of "Well, he should be gone if we're paying him to do nothing"

The only time a fan should want someone fired is if they're hurting the production of the ballclub, not because they're cashing checks for doing nothing

Nice spelling

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Terrible arguement there

Wait, what? You're defending "cashing checks and doing nothing"? LOL

Anyways, I just want someone in there who could teach a different approach/stress different things/do anything at all differently. Will it work? I have no idea. But at this rate it's not going to hurt the club.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
More I think of it, the more I agree.

My point being the September call-up will be facing a lot of September call-ups. If you bring him up in August, you cut about 28 games from his minor league experience, but he'll face guys he will face in 2010, and you won't get the false read you get with so many guys playing some meaningless games against guys that will be in AAA or selling insurance the next season.