6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
His ERA is 4.23...no GM in baseball releases their #5 starter with this ERA.

Yeah, but it really should be a lot higher. He's too old and has absolutely nothing left in the tank. 4 homers... really?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
Why would you want Colon around?

How can you argue Beckham has not been rushed up?

How can you argue our veteran bats are inconsitent?

None of our veterans are capable of carrying this team for a period of time.

PK, Dye, and AJP have been pretty consistent all season. Read my post above this about Colon. And Beckham just had his best swing on the Sox. If that ball is 5 inches shallower, he has a 2 run RBI and everyone's happy.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Admit it Williams, you drafted Beckham because you f***ing read Soxtalk and stole the idea from us, dips***

To be fair I don't think the drafting of Beckham was met with too many rave reviews here. We were still in that stage of clamoring for a toolsy HS player. Maybe I'm wrong though.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Colon's ERA is still decent and he's cheap. If you want him gone, you mine as well get something for him.

He is also probably leading the league in unearned runs allowed, scout the player not his numbers. Colon has one pitch which is about a 89 mph fastball, you could put him on a college team and he still would get hit hard.

I'll stand by my arguments. Colon is a joke. His line today versus a bad team again is a joke.

I also believe my other two comments, but I respect those who differ in opinion on those topics.

To play this badly at home against pissant teams is disgraceful. To have four automatic outs in the lineup on a given day is ridiculous. At least Lexi got two more hits today.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
To be fair I don't think the drafting of Beckham was met with too many rave reviews here. We were still in that stage of clamoring for a toolsy HS player. Maybe I'm wrong though.

We all loved it, as we should have. The Sox brass, I know for a fact, were stunned he fell to us.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I'll stand by my arguments. Colon is a joke. His line today versus a bad team again is a joke.

I also believe my other two comments, but I respect those who differ in opinion on those topics.

To play this badly at home against pissant teams is disgraceful. To have four automatic outs in the lineup on a given day is ridiculous. At least Lexi got two more hits today.

And I'll say this greg...I don't believe Ozzie is effective as manager of this team anymore. There appears to be no motivation, and I'm so sick of him not protecting our players on the field. No retaliation calls and never arguing with the umps.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)

Beckham is NOT an automatic out, and Castro is not an everyday player. Yes I agree that BA and Getz seem to be an easy out but you need to lay off Beckham, I don't care if he goes 0-40 hes not going to be an automatic out over his career and all this is doing is giving him valuable experience.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
lol i cant stop thinking about how pathetic it was to have the bases juiced with no outs, and we scored a run off a walk, and had no hits

lol, who does that, i mean really?

teams that have two hitters in a row that are only in the mlb because of their defense

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
I wish we moved Becks up in the order, so he can actually see more pitches and get opps to have guys in scoring position. how would you feel hitting behind Wise, BA, Getz and Nix.

True, very true. This is probably the worst team Beckham has been on in a long time.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:07 PM)
Beckham is NOT an automatic out, and Castro is not an everyday player. Yes I agree that BA and Getz seem to be an easy out but you need to lay off Beckham, I don't care if he goes 0-40 hes not going to be an automatic out over his career and all this is doing is giving him valuable experience.

For some reason, there's some people on here that want to see Beckham fail. Maybe it's Ozzie's kids.