6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:42 PM)
And the reason they are in the lineup is because Ozzie is an idiot/Kenny is an idiot. I blame Walker for the lack of any good plate discipline by anyone except maybe Konerko.

And yes, Fields is a major league talent. As is Brian.

You should be the hitting coach.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
Because nobody who had good numbers in the minor leagues has come up to the big leagues and not succeeded.

Who was the hitting coach? The arguement you made is that BA and Fields never had any talent. That's B.S, they just haven't realized it when they got to the Majors.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Who was the hitting coach? The arguement you made is that BA and Fields never had any talent. That's B.S, they just haven't realized it when they got to the Majors.

Who has left the White Sox and gone on to rake with another team?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)

My arguement is that BA and Fields don't have major league talent above a .230 or .240 batting average and an OPS over .700

Is that what you'd accept as OK? Then stop head-hunting for Greg Walker, because these two kids just aren't very smart to begin with

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
Why the hate on DJ?

No hate. I love what he's done with us. Not quite sure how he's figured it out, but he's fit perfectly into his role on the team.

I'm not watching today's game, but I'd like to point out DJ's ERA is down to god damn 2.21 in a lot of IPs pitched. He has like the worst stuff in baseball. Someone explain it. Also, make him our 5 starter.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 08:49 PM)
No hate. I love what he's done with us. Not quite sure how he's figured it out, but he's fit perfectly into his role on the team.

Ok, I'm all for ripping on about 90 pct of our guys, but him and Thornton are the two guys that deserve absolutely no criticism this year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm not watching today's game, but I'd like to point out DJ's ERA is down to god damn 2.21. He has like the worst stuff in baseball. Someone explain it. Also, make him our 5 starter.

He does a great job of changing speeds and angles. He's a virtual waste right now in his role, as he only pitches in blow outs.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
My arguement is that BA and Fields don't have major league talent above a .230 or .240 batting average and an OPS over .700

Is that what you'd accept as OK? Then stop head-hunting for Greg Walker, because these two kids just aren't very smart to begin with

My argument is that these kids had and have promise that was never fulfilled at the Major League Level. These guys were great Minor League players who failed to carry sustained success into their major leaguer performance. While you can blame a large part of that on mindset, are you going to tell me that the hitting coach escapes all blame?

Who has left the White Sox and gone on to rake with another team?

Carlos Lee

When he was with the Sox he was all over the place. Look at 2002 and 2003 for example. One year he's walking more than he's striking out, and the other he not walking and striking out a lot.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
My argument is that these kids had and have promise that was never fulfilled at the Major League Level. These guys were great Minor League players who failed to carry sustained success into their major leaguer performance. While you can blame a large part of that on mindset, are you going to tell me that the hitting coach escapes all blame?

He doesn't hold enough blame to lose his job because minor league "Studs" Brian Anderson and Josh Fields, can't get it done at the big league level

How many teams do you think would trade for Brian or Josh? Yeah

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
He does a great job of changing speeds and angles. He's a virtual waste right now in his role, as he only pitches in blow outs.

Also is around the plate and throws strikes. Great concept.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)

Fields hit .275 with 512 strikeouts in 1685 minor league at bats. He was and is far from a sure thing, no matter who the hitting coach is. He can't catch up to fastballs. That's not Greg Walker's fault. Anderson may develop but whether it was his fault or the organization's his growth was stunted the past couple of years. Sometimes you don't get that back. Again, BA hitting .250 instead of .300 and blaming Greg Walker is about as dumb as it gets.