6/7 Cleveland Indians @ Chicago White Sox 1:05 CDT - CSN

qwerty

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the team needs a shakeup this year, I'd fire Walker before Ozzie.

Fire Walker, hire Big Hurt as PH/hitting coach. He might spark the dugout.

Then if we keep sucking, Oz would probably resign cause he'd be pissed Walker got the ax in the first place.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
I don't think Victorino would fit well into our future

Leadoff hitting CF? I don't follow how he wouldn't fit, unless your betting on Danks coming up this year...

Edited by ChiSox420*

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
and somehow still had a chance to get right back in this game.

I hope all the BA fanatics got a good look at him at the plate today when it counted.

Yeah, everything he had going for him before he got hurt is completely gone. His swing is back to crap, he swings at every single 2 strike breaking ball, and he hasn't hit the ball out of the infield in god knows how long.

Get rid of him, I'm over it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
If the team needs a shakeup this year, I'd fire Walker before Ozzie.

Fire Walker, hire Big Hurt as PH/hitting coach. He might spark the dugout.

Then if we keep sucking, Oz would probably resign cause he'd be pissed Walker got the ax in the first place.

No way is Thomas coming back with this team (other than to retire) while Kenny is here.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
Yeah, everything he had going for him before he got hurt is completely gone. His swing is back to crap, he swings at every single 2 strike breaking ball, and he hasn't hit the ball out of the infield in god knows how long.

Get rid of him, I'm over it.

We still need his glove as a 4th outfielder, I dont think you get rid of him but if he's starting were going to have problems

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
We still need his glove as a 4th outfielder, I dont think you get rid of him but if he's starting were going to have problems

Ozzie is not going to use him as a defensive replacement. He's proved this many times.

He's a waste of a roster spot. I don't have any idea who could replace him, but he's still a waste (as is Wise).

Five hits vs. Cleveland's s***ty starter and relievers TOTAL.

Inept hitting performance again.

Season going down the drain versus easy teams at home.

It's JUNE.

Time for some panic button move.

Somebody's got to get the axe. Mr. Walker? Oz?

Walker has to be the sacrificial lamb to wake this team up.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 03:11 PM)
Anyway we can institute a new rule for the A.L.?

All-time defense. BA plays CF the whole game, and we designate a real MLB hitter to play offense for him.

Who on our bench would we hit for him thats better? Wise? Nix? Ya gotta have the hitter to push for this rule!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
We all loved it, as we should have.

Looking back in FutureSox, seemed everyone wanted Smoak or another power corner guy. The immediate posts following Beckham being picked were "Meh", "Dammit!", "barf" and "Boo". Funny looking back.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
Ozzie is not going to use him as a defensive replacement. He's proved this many times.

He's a waste of a roster spot. I don't have any idea who could replace him, but he's still a waste (as is Wise).

That's the problem who do you replace him with, I'm sorry but if Scott Podsednik is your best defense option in center your going to have problems...

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
I wish we moved Becks up in the order, so he can actually see more pitches and get opps to have guys in scoring position. how would you feel hitting behind Wise, BA, Getz and Nix.

I like this idea... I actually wouldn't even mind him batting 3rd, Dye is not completely tearing it up right now and with Pods and Lexi probably being our two hottest hitters (also PK) it would give Beckham many more chances to drive in some runs and give him a real boost to his confidence(even though he needs none)

Nobody is getting fired and I doubt any changes are going to be made soon.

We are 26-30 and still "in it" so unless we lose all 5 games to Detroit, I doubt anyone hits the panic button even though it needs to be done.

Edited by T R U