TCQ update: If Sox Out of Contention, Shut-Down...Maybe

Jimbo's Drinker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
Will he play this week at all?

At this point, does it really matter? Is he really gonna just click? He hasn't done well this year at all. Seems like inserting another dull bat into the lineup at this point. But he definitely has the most potential.

I'd rather him stay on the DL for as long as he absolutely needs. Even if its all year.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
At this point, does it really matter? Is he really gonna just click? He hasn't done well this year at all. Seems like inserting another dull bat into the lineup at this point. But he definitely has the most potential.

I'd rather him stay on the DL for as long as he absolutely needs. Even if its all year.

It was a simple question, is he going to play upon his return?

Have they discussed setbacks?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)

I mean, because why would taking a guy falling towards the Mendoza line and replacing him with a potential MVP candidate change our line up at all :bang

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 07:43 AM)
I mean, because why would taking a guy falling towards the Mendoza line and replacing him with a potential MVP candidate change our line up at all :bang

What does it matter? I dont care so neither do you. It all sux anyways, this season is soooooo done, everyone should go on the DL forever and I hope the Sox lose 150 because its better going forward!!!!!!!111111!!!!

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
I dont even consider Carlos a member of the 2009 White Sox at this point.

Seems like he's back to his oft-injured ways of pre-2008...

An interesting thought. For as long as we have been without Carlos, it will be almost like trading for a superstar if he can come back healthy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Sounds like we won't see him for a long time.

"I don't like saying stuff unless they say something. I'm going to hold off and see how it feels until we get to Wednesday, and then we'll see how it goes."

did i miss something?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 05:52 AM)
did i miss something?

When you use terms like slowly improving, etc., 24 hours before you're supposed to be activated, it makes me think that Quentin isn't comfortable yet with the injury.

Bad News... looks like it could be another week at least.

Carlos Quentin, LF CHW

News: The Chicago Tribune reports that Carlos Quentin is not confident that he will be able to be activated off the disabled list when he is eligible Wednesday. "You always hope for the best," Quentin said Monday. "I don't want to get caught in a timeline on where it's at. We'll see when we get there."

Analysis: Quentin hasn't played since May 25 because of plantar fasciitis in his left foot. He was walking around the Sox's clubhouse Monday morning without the limp that he had last week, but he didn't pronounce himself fit to return. Manager Ozzie Guillen suggested last week that Quentin could benefit from a short minor-league rehabilitation assignment. When healthy, the slugger is a must-start in all leagues, but it seems like he is still at least another week away at this point -- if not longer.

From Cowley on Quentin:

Quentin wants to be back before All-Star Break. Ozzie said very unlikely. There's also a chance Quentin could be shut down all year.

If the Sox are out of it post All-Star, Guillen said why should they put Quentin out there.

KW said Ozzie's timetable on Quentin is off, and the outfielder should be back quicker than Guillen thinks.

From Cowley in other news:

KW and Fields talked. Kenny GM offered very little details. Make that no details.

Williams and Frank Thomas shook hands and may have finally patched things up. Thomas has plans to interview him for Sox-Cubs.

Kenny also said if team doesn't pick it up, decisions will have to be made.

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
Quentin wants to be back before All-Star Break. Ozzie said very unlikely. There's also a chance Quentin could be shut down all year.

If the Sox are out of it post All-Star, Guillen said why should they put Quentin out there.

per Cowley

Oh, man does that stink. I was hoping he would be back after the Brew Crew series.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
This is a very telling post and something that I think we need to make a thread on. Speaking of which, when is the ASB?

July 13 HR Derby, July 14 All Star Game, July 15 and 16 no games.

EDIT: Mods might want to change the thread title, to point people's attention to this msg.

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)

per Cowley

Updated the thread title.